Update to 4.3.2 with unbound setup results in "bad address" in /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf error

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

run pihole -up and update to new version

Actual Behaviour:

FTL dns service will not run because of "bad address in line 41 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf" which reads:

server=127.0.0.1:5353

Debug Token:

I cannot connect to the internet after this happens.

I'm using the unbound setup from the tutorial and can confirm that dnsmasq as a service is not running (because I know it should not be). VM is Ubuntu 18.04 and I'm using Nginx with lighttpd disabled.

"dig" command does work, when using

dig domain.tld @127.0.0.1 -p 5353

However, "ping" does not work, and there are no other error messages. The "pihole -d" report looks exactly the same as before the update (I've just been restoring from backups). It confirms that using 8.8.8.8 it is able to get a domain. But, the local resolving is not working.

I have attempted to stop and start services in different orders...but no difference. I have tried pihole -r repair and also redoing the setup, but no difference. No devices which use pihole for blocking are able to get DNS resolution.

When running "pihole restartdns" it just says there is an error and to contact pihole.

I have updated once before without issue, while using the unbound setup.

Need a hint or clue. And thank you ahead of time for any assistance.

server=127.0.0.1#5353

Thank you Dan - confirmed, this was the problem. A typo error on my part when I entered it into the GUI. Unbound is now no longer "unused."

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.