Unexplained Drop From 13% to 2-6% Block Rate

As I showed in the picture below:

It appears that shutting off IPv6 via this router is pretty straightforward. I tried it once but the internet stopped connecting and I turned it back on. Perhaps this would be fixed by removing the pihole, disabling IPv6, and then reconnecting the pihole and reconfiguring to disable IPv6 blocking, etc.? Or perhaps this is just an indication that my ISP does not allow disabling IPv6 even though the router has an easy interface for doing so...

You may have to restart your router and/or dis- and reconnect all devices for them to be made aware of those changed settings.

Thanks! I decided to remove the pihole from the primary/secondary DNS setting and disabled IPv6. I then ran a pihole -r to reconfigure the pihole to block only IPv4 ads (unchecked the IPv6 setting). I then re-added the pihole as the primary/secondary DNS server. Everything seems to be working fine now that the IPv6 bypass is gone and there seems to be no effect on the speed of my connection. Ideally it would nice to have it working on both IPv4/IPv6 channels but I suppose I can live with IPv4 just as well.

Thanks for all your help and keep up the good work!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.