Unbound suddenly stopped working / some help needed

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

As per below template. I had Unbound working on two parallel Pis (which I use as first and scond DNS on my router). I had this working for weeks, after setting it up following the cookbook on the PiHole site. As of yesterday, on BOTH raspis connectivity died, and it turned out to be the Unbound in both cases. I reflashed one of the Raspis, reinstalled PiHole then reinstalled Unbound following the cookbook. To no avail. My debian knowledge is somewhat basic, but I have been able to establish that unbound service is running. It will provide a response for domains that happen to be in cache. But for 'new' domains, it comes back with a time-out after maybe a minute or so. Checked this using dig command). Any known fixes for this? if not, I am happy to spend some time puzzling myself but some hints and tips as to where to go look first might help. I find the Unbound documentation pages quite unhelpful.

Expected Behaviour:

PiHole using unbound as upstream DNS just as it has been doing for weeks until yesterday. Unbound suddenly stopped.

Actual Behaviour:

All DNS connectivity dies as long as I keep Unbound as upstream server. When I change to Cloudflare or any other public DNS, all is fine.

Debug Token:

?

Check the date/time on both Pi-Hole host platforms. If incorrect, set it correctly.

I checked both raspis. They have the time 'correct', plus or minus a few seconds. Both devices use NTP to sync time.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.