Unable to fix gateway

I just bought a read to use pi-hole. Unfortuntately I have no internet access, and am already trying to fix this for over a week now (without luck) (I am a Novice, trying to learn here). I tried debug log, but it is not uploading it as I have no internet connection. What can I do, I see that my Pi-hole has a wrong (non pingable) default gateway. I tried to update this gateway via ssh with the command pihole -r, and entering a different default gateway. Unfortunately this seems not to be stored. Looking forward to your support.

I managed to change the default gateway, and it seems the pi is having internet access now.

I followed following instruction: Enter "sudo nano /etc/dhcpcd.conf" to edit the dhcpcd.conf file; here i found three entries for
interface eth0; I deleted two entries. And kept one with the correct static router ip. I suspect static domain name server or other settings might still be wrong. Following is now included:

interface eth0
static ip_address=192.168.178.14/24
static routers=192.168.178.1
static domain_name_servers=127.0.0.1

Now I do have internet, but still not blocking any ads.

My debug token is: krxy50v7jd

Thank you for your kind assistance!

1 Like

how have you told your devices to use pihole? is it set as the only DNS in your router? or have you manually configured your devices to use Pi-hole as their DNS server?

I disabled dhcp in the modem and enabled this in the pi.
I have updated the pi software. And it looks like the device started blocking ads!
Yippee!
Now I need to load some more blocking lists in the pi. Thanks!

Solution is in post #3
Where triple entry for the default gateway was fixed.
And this was followed by updating the device.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.