This thing is AWESOME! Except it hates my locally hosted stuff

I love this little utility. I think it is fantastic.

Only issue the little box seems to have a super zealous righteous fury toward my locally hosted stuff. It doesn't get along with a ticketing dashboard, and an email server. They are all hosted in the same building I am in. I think it would be prudent to stay vague as I want to use this in a work environment. I think it would be awesome for certain applications.

I will be pressing my boss to donate if we can make this thing work for us. Don't want you to think I am a mooch.

I can provide more info if needed, but I need time to black out stuff.

Thanks for the post. Are the domains that are getting blocked showing up with the blockpage? And are you able to whitelist those domain names? (You may need to flush the client DNS cache, or wait for the 600 second TTL to time out if you add to the whitelist or blacklist, it's not an immediate response.)

If you could take a look at the pihole -d debug log and redact what you need to, we can take a look but it appears that everything is functional, just a little too functional. There's a rewrite of the debug log that is much more privacy friendly going on, but that is a bit out as its really is almost a total rewrite.

And the project is FOSS, so there aren't any mooches, but if you feel we've helped out, then a donation is very welcome!

Let us know if whitelisting works, and you can also check via the Admin page to see the history and find any domains that are being blocked.

1 Like

Thanks I'll try this stuff and get back to you!

Hey good news. My ticking service is running but outlooks web app is still broken. One step at a time. This is a fun little project. I'll be back at it on Monday. Thanks for the awesome reply.

Keep us updated, and I'm surprised the OWA is blocked. There may be some tweaking and changes that can help that. We've changed up the default blocklists because one of them was blocking a lot of the microsoft.com realm. Might want to check your adlists.default for quidsup and see if the notrack is enabled or not. It's now disabled by default.

1 Like