Things you can do with dnsmasq!

crazy,, it replicated itself into 12 distinct files

removing the files from /lib/systemd/system/ fixed it

A long time a ago, I wrote an article to uninstall a previous version of dnscrypt-proxy, you can find it here

basicly, it comes down to (if you only installed one version of dnscrypt):

• cd into the old version folder:
    cd dnscrypt-proxy-x.x.x
  • uninstall the old version
    sudo make uninstall

thanks for the tip,,, I aparently forgot to remove a previous attempt at dnscrypt,,, to make uninstall I actually had to redownload the version on the wiki, and the make uninstall.

I'm going to try dnscrypt again completely fresh

maybe next week,,, fresh install also wants to use port 53

Hi,
I appreciate I'm really late to the conversation with this but it's been useful for me already with the 03-bypass.conf file as I have a device on my network that I needed to completely bypass my pi-hole.

Thanks for the original post (and as I said, I do appreciate that I'm bumping a very old thread here).

I have another question which I'm hoping can be resolved by tweaking the dnsmasq settings.

I have one device on my network that I want to give a reserved address to but I want it to point to an external DNS source.

I have this device listed in /etc/dnsmasq.d/04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf and it gets the reserved address.

I set up 04-bypass.conf and the device still gets the reserved address and pi-hole as the DNS server.

So I renamed that file to 05-bypass.conf, restarted the services and it half works. The device now gets the DNS server I've specified but it's given a DHCP IP address.

I then renamed it to 03-bypass.conf and now it gets the reserved address and pi-hole as the DNS server.

Is there any way I can still have a reserved IP address but have external DNS servers using this method?

Thanks,