Strange gui behaviour

Expected Behaviour:

Im expecting to see all my devices and the normal block/allowed traffic patterns but all i can see is one device's DNS checks. I have at least 8 devices on the network at any given time.
Ive flushed the cache and tried to open the site in a different browser, still only shows the stats for one device. The number of queries took a dramatic turn about 2 days ago, no idea why.

Actual Behaviour:

Showing all the other queries. Ad blocking seems to work but the displaying of such blocks arent happening.

Any ideas?

This would indicate your devices are not using Pi-hole for DNS.
Check your router's DNS configuration.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! <3

Yeah i have, thats the first thing i did and i have dedvices who's ads do get blocked.
I've checked the DNS servers enabled on that VLAN and i only have the above Pihole as an allowed DNS. I've used this system flawlessly for about 2 years now (almost flawlessly).

I do know that mobile devices can bypass some DNS restrictions, any idea on how to deal with that?

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

1 Like

Yeah no, im the moron here (never thought you were). For some reason the network didnt switch over to my dedicated DNS after a service i did this friday, not even thouh i changed the allowed DNS in my router. Apparently i had to restart the router for it to take effect... Fun times :smiley:

Thanks m8!

(i never thought a soho-grade router would need a restart for edits like those to actually take effect but who knows what Ubiquiti is up to)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.