Stopped Working?

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Blocking ads, logging queries

Actual Behaviour:

Stopped working altogether. Rebooted system, rebooted VPS, flushed DNS cache.

Debug Token:

[✓] Your debug token is: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/3hv8ogg2qj

When you post a debug token, we only need the token, not the entire log. This keeps your debug log private. I edited your post to include just the token.

1 Like

Your debug log shows that Pi-Hole is working normally, but has received no DNS queries.

Your Pi-Hole is open to the world (you are running an open resolver). You should close this immediately.

Ok

I just realized that it works on LTE but not on the Wi-Fi at the hotel where I am. I even tried to manually set the Wi-Fi DNS to my VPS IP address but it did not solve it. Odd.

As I noted, you should immediately close this open resolver. It will be discovered and put to no good use very quickly.

How do I close the resolver?

Set up a VPN to your VPS or set up strong firewall rules so that only your IP can access it. As is, you have both port 53 and port 80 on the VPS open to the world, and anybody can use your Pi-Hole.

In other words, I should basically disable port 53 and 80 (disable web gui)?

In the meantime however, I would like to know why it doesn't work on the hotel wifi but works fine on LTE.

Because you don't have control of port 53 on the hotel WiFi.

Ok I guess I understand but I haven't modified anything at my home router either and it works there. Strange.

It's because they are specifically stopping you. They did go into the router and change things. Hope you understand this correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.