Installer error (Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS)

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Ran installer (curl version) via sudo. Everything seems to go well, though I do get a "[i] Script called with non-root privileges" in the text as it loads the installer.

I have apache running currently.

I have a www directory in my user dir that I have symlinked back to /var/www/html/www but I put another symlink going back from MY www to the admin folder where it gets installed and I can pull up the interface.

It just shows unknown in status and keeps circling everything.

NSMASQ wasn't installed, I installed it via apt-get
pihole command is not found

Debug Token:

Can't run pihole as it says command not found.

Do you still have the install log? Share it if you do.

Do you have a folder at /opt/pihole?

I actually have NOTHING in /opt/ :frowning:

Some of your system modifications might have cause the installer some trouble. Try the install again, and share the log. It might be easier to install on a fresh system instead.

I was just wanting to try this out on a currently running server to make sure I liked it.

How do I make it give me a log... I've done nothing to remove the logs so I'm not sure why it isn't there.

The log is the output you see on the command line when installing.

Here it is with a "-x" after the bash command.

[e[1;32m✓e[0m] Root user check

e[1;32m.;;,.
        .ccccc:,.
         :cccclll:.      ..,,
          :ccccclll.   ;ooodc
           'ccll:;ll .oooodc
             .;cll.;;looo:.
                 e[1;31m.. ','.
                .',,,,,,'.
              .',,,,,,,,,,.
            .',,,,,,,,,,,,....
          ....''',,,,,,,'.......
        .........  ....  .........
        ..........      ..........
          ........,,,,,,,'......
            ....',,,,,,,,,,,,.
               .',,,,,,,,,'.
                .',,,,,,'.
                  ..'''.e[0m

[i] Existing PHP installation detected : PHP version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.25
  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Disk space check

[i] Update local cache of available packages...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Update local cache of available packages

[i] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages... 23 updates available
  [i] e[1;32mIt is recommended to update your OS after installing the Pi-hole! e[0m

[i] Installer Dependency checks...
  [i] Checking for apt-utils...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for apt-utils
  [i] Checking for dialog...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for dialog
  [i] Checking for debconf...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for debconf
  [i] Checking for dhcpcd5...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for dhcpcd5
  [i] Checking for git...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for git
  [i] Checking for iproute2...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for iproute2
  [i] Checking for whiptail...
e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for whiptail

e[?1049he[1;46re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;46re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                                                                                   e[2;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[3;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[4;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[5;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[6;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[7;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[8;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[9;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[10;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[11;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[12;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[13;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[14;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[15;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[16;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[17;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[18;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[19;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[20;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[21;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[22;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[23;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[24;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[25;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[26;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[27;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[28;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[29;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[30;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[31;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[32;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[33;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[34;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[35;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[36;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[37;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[38;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[39;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[40;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[41;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[42;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[43;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[44;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[45;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[46;1H                                                                                                                                                  e[46;146H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mWelcomee[14;39He[30me[47m┌──────────────────┤ e[31mPi-hole automated installere[30m ├───────────────────┐e[15;39H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│ This installer will transform your device into a network-wide ad   │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│ blocker!                                                           │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[23;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[24;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[25;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[26;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[27;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[28;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[29;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[30;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[31;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                               e[37me[41m<Ok>e[30me[47m                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[32;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[33;39He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[34;40H                                                                      e[31;72He[?12le[?25he[46;1He(Be[me[37me[40me(Be[me[39;49m
e[K
e[?1049le[?1049he[1;46re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;46re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                                                                                   e[2;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[3;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[4;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[5;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[6;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[7;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[8;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[9;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[10;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[11;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[12;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[13;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[14;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[15;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[16;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[17;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[18;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[19;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[20;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[21;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[22;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[23;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[24;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[25;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[26;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[27;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[28;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[29;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[30;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[31;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[32;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[33;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[34;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[35;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[36;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[37;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[38;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[39;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[40;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[41;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[42;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[43;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[44;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[45;1H                                                                                                                                                   e[46;1H                                                                                                                                                  e[46;146H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mPleae[14;39He[30me[47m┌──────────────────────┤ e[31mFree and open sourcee[30m ├──────────────────────┐e[15;39H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│ The Pi-hole is free, but powered by your donations:                │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│ http://pi-hole.net/donate                                          │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[23;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[24;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[25;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[26;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[27;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[28;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[29;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[30;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[31;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                               e[37me[41m<Ok>e[30me[47m                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[32;39He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[33;39He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[34;40H                                                                      e[31;72He[?12le[?25he[46;1He(Be[me[37me[40me(Be[me[39;49m
e[K
e[?1049l+ set -e
+ installLogLoc=/etc/pihole/install.log
+ setupVars=/etc/pihole/setupVars.conf
+ lighttpdConfig=/etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf
+ coltable=/opt/pihole/COL_TABLE
+ webInterfaceGitUrl=https://github.com/pi-hole/AdminLTE.git
+ webInterfaceDir=/var/www/html/admin
+ piholeGitUrl=https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole.git
+ PI_HOLE_LOCAL_REPO=/etc/.pihole
+ PI_HOLE_FILES=(chronometer list piholeDebug piholeLogFlush setupLCD update version gravity uninstall webpage)
+ PI_HOLE_INSTALL_DIR=/opt/pihole
+ PI_HOLE_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/pihole
+ useUpdateVars=false
+ adlistFile=/etc/pihole/adlists.list
+ regexFile=/etc/pihole/regex.list
+ IPV4_ADDRESS=
+ IPV6_ADDRESS=
+ QUERY_LOGGING=true
+ INSTALL_WEB_INTERFACE=true
+ '[' -z root ']'
++ stty size
++ echo 24 80
+ screen_size='24 80'
++ echo '24 80'
++ awk '{print $1}'
+ rows=24
++ echo '24 80'
++ awk '{print $2}'
+ columns=80
+ r=12
+ c=40
+ r=20
+ c=70
+ skipSpaceCheck=false
+ reconfigure=false
+ runUnattended=false
+ INSTALL_WEB_SERVER=true
+ [[ -f /opt/pihole/COL_TABLE ]]
+ COL_NC='\e[0m'
+ COL_LIGHT_GREEN='\e[1;32m'
+ COL_LIGHT_RED='\e[1;31m'
+ TICK='[\e[1;32m✓\e[0m]'
+ CROSS='[\e[1;31m✗\e[0m]'
+ INFO='[i]'
+ DONE='\e[1;32m done!\e[0m'
+ OVER='\r\033[K'
+ counter=0
+ [[ '' != true ]]
+ main
+ local 'str=Root user check'
+ echo ''

+ [[ 0 -eq 0 ]]
+ echo -e '  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Root user check'
  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Root user check
+ show_ascii_berry
+ echo -e '
        \e[1;32m.;;,.
           '\''ccll:;ll .oooodc
                 \e[1;31m.. '\'','\''.
                .'\'',,,,,,'\''.
              .'\'',,,,,,,,,,.
            .'\'',,,,,,,,,,,,....
          ....'\'''\'''\'',,,,,,,'\''.......
          ........,,,,,,,'\''......
            ....'\'',,,,,,,,,,,,.
               .'\'',,,,,,,,,'\''.
                .'\'',,,,,,'\''.
                  ..'\'''\'''\''.\e[0m
'

e[1;32m.;;,.
           'ccll:;ll .oooodc
                 e[1;31m.. ','.
                .',,,,,,'.
              .',,,,,,,,,,.
            .',,,,,,,,,,,,....
          ....''',,,,,,,'.......
          ........,,,,,,,'......
            ....',,,,,,,,,,,,.
               .',,,,,,,,,'.
                .',,,,,,'.
                  ..'''.e[0m

+ make_temporary_log
++ mktemp /tmp/pihole_temp.XXXXXX
+ TEMPLOG=/tmp/pihole_temp.yheYae
+ exec
+ rm /tmp/pihole_temp.yheYae
+ distro_check
+ command -v apt-get
+ PKG_MANAGER=apt-get
+ UPDATE_PKG_CACHE='apt-get update'
+ PKG_INSTALL=(${PKG_MANAGER} --yes --no-install-recommends install)
+ PKG_COUNT='apt-get -s -o Debug::NoLocking=true upgrade | grep -c ^Inst || true'
+ apt-get install --dry-run iproute2
+ iproute_pkg=iproute2
+ command -v php
++ php -v
++ grep -Po '(?<=PHP )[^ ]+'
++ head -n1
+ phpInsVersion=5.5.9-1ubuntu4.25
+ echo -e '  [i] Existing PHP installation detected : PHP version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.25'
  [i] Existing PHP installation detected : PHP version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.25
++ echo 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.25
++ cut -d. -f1
+ phpInsMajor=5
++ echo 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.25
++ cut -d. -f2
+ phpInsMinor=5
++ echo '5.5 < 7.0'
++ bc
+ '[' 1 == 0 ']'
+ [[ '' != true ]]
+ apt-get install --dry-run php
+ phpVer=php5
+ apt-get install --dry-run php5-sqlite3
+ phpSqlite=sqlite
+ INSTALLER_DEPS=(apt-utils dialog debconf dhcpcd5 git ${iproute_pkg} whiptail)
+ PIHOLE_DEPS=(bc cron curl dnsutils iputils-ping lsof netcat psmisc sudo unzip wget idn2 sqlite3 libcap2-bin dns-root-data resolvconf)
+ PIHOLE_WEB_DEPS=(lighttpd ${phpVer}-common ${phpVer}-cgi ${phpVer}-${phpSqlite})
+ LIGHTTPD_USER=www-data
+ LIGHTTPD_GROUP=www-data
+ LIGHTTPD_CFG=lighttpd.conf.debian
+ [[ -f /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf ]]
+ [[ false == true ]]
+ verifyFreeDiskSpace
+ local 'str=Disk space check'
+ local required_free_kilobytes=51200
+ local existing_free_kilobytes
++ df -Pk
++ grep -m1 '\/$'
++ awk '{print $4}'
+ existing_free_kilobytes=24170972
+ [[ 24170972 =~ ^([0-9])+$ ]]
+ [[ 24170972 -lt 51200 ]]
+ echo -e '  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Disk space check'
  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Disk space check
+ update_package_cache
+ local 'str=Update local cache of available packages'
+ echo ''

+ echo -ne '  [i] Update local cache of available packages...'
  [i] Update local cache of available packages...+ eval 'apt-get update'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Update local cache of available packages'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Update local cache of available packages
+ notify_package_updates_available
+ local 'str=Checking apt-get for upgraded packages'
+ echo -ne '\n  [i] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages...'

[i] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages...++ eval 'apt-get -s -o Debug::NoLocking=true upgrade | grep -c ^Inst || true'
+++ apt-get -s -o Debug::NoLocking=true upgrade
+++ grep -c '^Inst'
+ updatesToInstall=23
++ uname -r
+ [[ -d /lib/modules/3.13.0-32-generic ]]
+ [[ 23 -eq 0 ]]
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages... 23 updates available'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking apt-get for upgraded packages... 23 updates available
+ echo -e '  [i] \e[1;32mIt is recommended to update your OS after installing the Pi-hole! \e[0m'
  [i] e[1;32mIt is recommended to update your OS after installing the Pi-hole! e[0m
+ echo ''

+ install_dependent_packages 'INSTALLER_DEPS[@]'
+ counter=1
+ [[ 1 == 1 ]]
+ echo -e '  [i] Installer Dependency checks...'
  [i] Installer Dependency checks...
+ argArray1=("${!1}")
+ declare -a argArray1
+ declare -a installArray
+ command -v debconf-apt-progress
+ for i in '"${argArray1[@]}"'
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for apt-utils...'
  [i] Checking for apt-utils...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' apt-utils
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for apt-utils'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for apt-utils
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for dialog...'
  [i] Checking for dialog...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' dialog
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for dialog'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for dialog
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for debconf...'
  [i] Checking for debconf...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' debconf
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for debconf'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for debconf
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for dhcpcd5...'
  [i] Checking for dhcpcd5...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' dhcpcd5
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for dhcpcd5'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for dhcpcd5
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for git...'
  [i] Checking for git...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' git
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for git'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for git
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for iproute2...'
  [i] Checking for iproute2...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' iproute2
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for iproute2'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for iproute2
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for whiptail...'
  [i] Checking for whiptail...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' whiptail
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for whiptail'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for whiptail
+ [[ 0 -gt 0 ]]
+ echo ''

+ return 0
+ checkSelinux
+ command -v getenforce
+ [[ false == false ]]
+ welcomeDialogs
+ whiptail --msgbox --backtitle Welcome --title 'Pi-hole automated installer' '\n\nThis installer will transform your device into a network-wide ad blocker!' 20 70
e[?1049he[1;24re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;24re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                e[2;1H                                                                                e[3;1H                                                                                e[4;1H                                                                                e[5;1H                                                                                e[6;1H                                                                                e[7;1H                                                                                e[8;1H                                                                                e[9;1H                                                                                e[10;1H                                                                                e[11;1H                                                                                e[12;1H                                                                                e[13;1H                                                                                e[14;1H                                                                                e[15;1H                                                                                e[16;1H                                                                                e[17;1H                                                                                e[18;1H                                                                                e[19;1H                                                                                e[20;1H                                                                                e[21;1H                                                                                e[22;1H                                                                                e[23;1H                                                                                e[24;1H                                                                               e[24;79H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mWelcomee[3;6He[30me[47m┌──────────────────┤ e[31mPi-hole automated installere[30m ├───────────────────┐e[4;6H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[5;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[6;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[7;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ This installer will transform your device into a network-wide ad   │e[1me[37me[40m e[8;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ blocker!                                                           │e[1me[37me[40m e[9;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[10;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[11;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[12;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[13;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[14;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[15;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                               e[37me[41m<Ok>e[30me[47m                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;6He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[23;7H                                                                      e[20;39He[?12le[?25h
e(Be[me[37me[40me(Be[me[39;49m
e[K
e[?1049l+ whiptail --msgbox --backtitle Plea --title 'Free and open source' '\n\nThe Pi-hole is free, but powered by your donations:  http://pi-hole.net/donate' 20 70
e[?1049he[1;24re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;24re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                e[2;1H                                                                                e[3;1H                                                                                e[4;1H                                                                                e[5;1H                                                                                e[6;1H                                                                                e[7;1H                                                                                e[8;1H                                                                                e[9;1H                                                                                e[10;1H                                                                                e[11;1H                                                                                e[12;1H                                                                                e[13;1H                                                                                e[14;1H                                                                                e[15;1H                                                                                e[16;1H                                                                                e[17;1H                                                                                e[18;1H                                                                                e[19;1H                                                                                e[20;1H                                                                                e[21;1H                                                                                e[22;1H                                                                                e[23;1H                                                                                e[24;1H                                                                               e[24;79H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mPleae[3;6He[30me[47m┌──────────────────────┤ e[31mFree and open sourcee[30m ├──────────────────────┐e[4;6H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[5;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[6;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[7;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ The Pi-hole is free, but powered by your donations:                │e[1me[37me[40m e[8;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ http://pi-hole.net/donate                                          │e[1me[37me[40m e[9;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[10;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[11;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[12;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[13;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[14;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[15;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                               e[37me[41m<Ok>e[30me[47m                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;6He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[23;7H                                                                      e[20;39He[?12le[?25h

e[K
e[?1049l+ whiptail --msgbox --backtitle 'Initiating network interface' --title 'Static IP Needed' '\n\nThe Pi-hole is a SERVER so it needs a STATIC IP ADDRESS to function properly.

In the next section, you can choose to use your current network settings (DHCP) or to manually edit them.' 20 70
e[?1049he[1;24re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;24re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                e[2;1H                                                                                e[3;1H                                                                                e[4;1H                                                                                e[5;1H                                                                                e[6;1H                                                                                e[7;1H                                                                                e[8;1H                                                                                e[9;1H                                                                                e[10;1H                                                                                e[11;1H                                                                                e[12;1H                                                                                e[13;1H                                                                                e[14;1H                                                                                e[15;1H                                                                                e[16;1H                                                                                e[17;1H                                                                                e[18;1H                                                                                e[19;1H                                                                                e[20;1H                                                                                e[21;1H                                                                                e[22;1H                                                                                e[23;1H                                                                                e[24;1H                                                                               e[24;79H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mInitiating network interfacee[3;6He[30me[47m┌────────────────────────┤ e[31mStatic IP Needede[30m ├────────────────────────┐e[4;6H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[5;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[6;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[7;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ The Pi-hole is a SERVER so it needs a STATIC IP ADDRESS to         │e[1me[37me[40m e[8;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ function properly.                                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[9;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[10;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ In the next section, you can choose to use your current network    │e[1me[37me[40m e[11;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ settings (DHCP) or to manually edit them.                          │e[1me[37me[40m e[12;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[13;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[14;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[15;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                               e[37me[41m<Ok>e[30me[47m                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;6He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[23;7H                                                                      e[20;39He[?12le[?25h

e[K
e[?1049l+ mkdir -p /etc/pihole/
+ get_available_interfaces
++ ip --oneline link show up
++ grep -v lo
++ awk '{print $2}'
++ cut -d: -f1
++ cut -d@ -f1
+ availableInterfaces=eth0
+ chooseInterface
+ interfacesArray=()
+ local interfacesArray
+ local interfaceCount
+ local chooseInterfaceCmd
+ local chooseInterfaceOptions
+ local firstLoop=1
++ echo eth0
++ wc -l
+ interfaceCount=1
+ [[ 1 -eq 1 ]]
+ PIHOLE_INTERFACE=eth0
+ setDNS
+ local DNSSettingsCorrect
+ DNSChooseOptions=(Google "" OpenDNS "" Level3 "" Norton "" Comodo "" DNSWatch "" Quad9 "" FamilyShield "" Cloudflare "" Custom "")
++ whiptail --separate-output --menu 'Select Upstream DNS Provider. To use your own, select Custom.' 20 70 7 Google '' OpenDNS '' Level3 '' Norton '' Comodo '' DNSWatch '' Quad9 '' FamilyShield '' Cloudflare '' Custom ''
+ DNSchoices=Google
+ echo -ne '  [i] Using '
  [i] Using + case ${DNSchoices} in
+ echo 'Google DNS servers'
Google DNS servers
+ PIHOLE_DNS_1=8.8.8.8
+ PIHOLE_DNS_2=8.8.4.4
+ chooseBlocklists
+ [[ -f /etc/pihole/adlists.list ]]
+ mv /etc/pihole/adlists.list /etc/pihole/adlists.list.old
+ cmd=(whiptail --separate-output --checklist "Pi-hole relies on third party lists in order to block ads.\\n\\nYou can use the suggestions below, and/or add your own after installation\\n\\nTo deselect any list, use the arrow keys and spacebar" "${r}" "${c}" 7)
+ options=(StevenBlack "StevenBlack's Unified Hosts List" on MalwareDom "MalwareDomains" on Cameleon "Cameleon" on ZeusTracker "ZeusTracker" on DisconTrack "Disconnect.me Tracking" on DisconAd "Disconnect.me Ads" on HostsFile "Hosts-file.net Ads" on)
++ whiptail --separate-output --checklist 'Pi-hole relies on third party lists in order to block ads.\n\nYou can use the suggestions below, and/or add your own after installation\n\nTo deselect any list, use the arrow keys and spacebar' 20 70 7 StevenBlack 'StevenBlack'\''s Unified Hosts List' on MalwareDom MalwareDomains on Cameleon Cameleon on ZeusTracker ZeusTracker on DisconTrack 'Disconnect.me Tracking' on DisconAd 'Disconnect.me Ads' on HostsFile 'Hosts-file.net Ads' on
+ choices='StevenBlack
MalwareDom
Cameleon
ZeusTracker
DisconTrack
DisconAd
HostsFile'
+ for choice in '${choices}'
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo https://mirror1.malwaredomains.com/files/justdomains
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo http://sysctl.org/cameleon/hosts
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo 'https://zeustracker.abuse.ch/blocklist.php?download=domainblocklist'
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo https://s3.amazonaws.com/lists.disconnect.me/simple_tracking.txt
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo https://s3.amazonaws.com/lists.disconnect.me/simple_ad.txt
+ case ${choice} in
+ echo https://hosts-file.net/ad_servers.txt
+ use4andor6
+ local useIPv4
+ local useIPv6
+ cmd=(whiptail --separate-output --checklist "Select Protocols (press space to select)" ${r} ${c} 2)
+ options=(IPv4 "Block ads over IPv4" on IPv6 "Block ads over IPv6" on)
++ whiptail --separate-output --checklist 'Select Protocols (press space to select)' 20 70 2 IPv4 'Block ads over IPv4' on IPv6 'Block ads over IPv6' on
+ choices='IPv4
IPv6'
+ case ${choice} in
+ useIPv4=true
+ case ${choice} in
+ useIPv6=true
+ [[ -n true ]]
+ find_IPv4_information
+ local route
++ ip route get 8.8.8.8
+ route='8.8.8.8 via 192.168.9.1 dev eth0  src 192.168.9.8 
    cache '
++ awk '{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i~/dev/) print $(i+1)}'
+ IPv4dev=eth0
++ awk '{print $7}'
+ IPv4bare=192.168.9.8
++ ip -o -f inet addr show
++ awk '{print $4}'
++ grep 192.168.9.8
++ awk 'END {print}'
+ IPV4_ADDRESS=192.168.9.8/24
++ awk '{print $3}'
+ IPv4gw=192.168.9.1
+ getStaticIPv4Settings
+ local ipSettingsCorrect
+ whiptail --backtitle 'Calibrating network interface' --title 'Static IP Address' --yesno 'Do you want to use your current network settings as a static address?
          IP address:    192.168.9.8/24
          Gateway:       192.168.9.1' 20 70
e[?1049he[1;24re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;24re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                e[2;1H                                                                                e[3;1H                                                                                e[4;1H                                                                                e[5;1H                                                                                e[6;1H                                                                                e[7;1H                                                                                e[8;1H                                                                                e[9;1H                                                                                e[10;1H                                                                                e[11;1H                                                                                e[12;1H                                                                                e[13;1H                                                                                e[14;1H                                                                                e[15;1H                                                                                e[16;1H                                                                                e[17;1H                                                                                e[18;1H                                                                                e[19;1H                                                                                e[20;1H                                                                                e[21;1H                                                                                e[22;1H                                                                                e[23;1H                                                                                e[24;1H                                                                               e[24;79H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mCalibrating network interfacee[3;6He[30me[47m┌───────────────────────┤ e[31mStatic IP Addresse[30m ├────────────────────────┐e[4;6H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[5;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ Do you want to use your current network settings as a static       │e[1me[37me[40m e[6;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ address?                                                           │e[1me[37me[40m e[7;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│           IP address:    192.168.9.8/24                            │e[1me[37me[40m e[8;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│           Gateway:       192.168.9.1                               │e[1me[37me[40m e[9;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[10;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[11;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[12;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[13;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[14;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[15;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                  e[37me[41m<Yes>e[30me[47m                     <No>                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;6He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[23;7H                                                                      e[20;26He[?12le[?25h

e[K
e[?1049l+ whiptail --msgbox --backtitle 'IP information' --title 'FYI: IP Conflict' 'It is possible your router could still try to assign this IP to a device, which would cause a conflict.  But in most cases the router is smart enough to not do that.
If you are worried, either manually set the address, or modify the DHCP reservation pool so it does not include the IP you want.
It is also possible to use a DHCP reservation, but if you are going to do that, you might as well set a static address.' 20 70
e[?1049he[1;24re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;24re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m                                                                                e[2;1H                                                                                e[3;1H                                                                                e[4;1H                                                                                e[5;1H                                                                                e[6;1H                                                                                e[7;1H                                                                                e[8;1H                                                                                e[9;1H                                                                                e[10;1H                                                                                e[11;1H                                                                                e[12;1H                                                                                e[13;1H                                                                                e[14;1H                                                                                e[15;1H                                                                                e[16;1H                                                                                e[17;1H                                                                                e[18;1H                                                                                e[19;1H                                                                                e[20;1H                                                                                e[21;1H                                                                                e[22;1H                                                                                e[23;1H                                                                                e[24;1H                                                                               e[24;79H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mIP informatione[3;6He[30me[47m┌────────────────────────┤ e[31mFYI: IP Conflicte[30m ├────────────────────────┐e[4;6H│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[5;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ It is possible your router could still try to assign this IP to a  │e[1me[37me[40m e[6;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ device, which would cause a conflict.  But in most cases the       │e[1me[37me[40m e[7;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ router is smart enough to not do that.                             │e[1me[37me[40m e[8;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ If you are worried, either manually set the address, or modify the │e[1me[37me[40m e[9;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ DHCP reservation pool so it does not include the IP you want.      │e[1me[37me[40m e[10;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ It is also possible to use a DHCP reservation, but if you are      │e[1me[37me[40m e[11;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│ going to do that, you might as well set a static address.          │e[1me[37me[40m e[12;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[13;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[14;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[15;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[16;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[17;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[18;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[19;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[20;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                               e[37me[41m<Ok>e[30me[47m                                 │e[1me[37me[40m e[21;6He(Be[me[30me[47m│                                                                    │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;6He(Be[me[30me[47m└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[23;7H                                                                      e[20;39He[?12le[?25h

e[K
e[?1049l+ setStaticIPv4
+ local IFCFG_FILE
+ local IPADDR
+ local CIDR
+ [[ -f /etc/dhcpcd.conf ]]
+ grep -q 192.168.9.8/24 /etc/dhcpcd.conf
+ echo -e '  [i] Static IP already configured'
  [i] Static IP already configured
+ [[ -n true ]]
+ useIPv6dialog
+ IPV6_ADDRESSES=($(ip -6 address | grep 'scope global' | awk '{print $2}'))
++ ip -6 address
++ grep 'scope global'
++ awk '{print $2}'
+ [[ ! -z '' ]]
+ [[ ! -z '' ]]
+ echo -e '  [i] Unable to find IPv6 ULA/GUA address, IPv6 adblocking will not be enabled'
  [i] Unable to find IPv6 ULA/GUA address, IPv6 adblocking will not be enabled
+ IPV6_ADDRESS=
+ [[ ! -z '' ]]
+ echo -e '  [i] IPv4 address: 192.168.9.8/24'
  [i] IPv4 address: 192.168.9.8/24
+ echo -e '  [i] IPv6 address: '
  [i] IPv6 address: 
+ [[ ! -n true ]]
+ setAdminFlag
+ local WebToggleCommand
+ local WebChooseOptions
+ local WebChoices
+ WebToggleCommand=(whiptail --separate-output --radiolist "Do you wish to install the web admin interface?" ${r} ${c} 6)
+ WebChooseOptions=("On (Recommended)" "" on Off "" off)
++ whiptail --separate-output --radiolist 'Do you wish to install the web admin interface?' 20 70 6 'On (Recommended)' '' on Off '' off
+ WebChoices='On (Recommended)'
+ case ${WebChoices} in
+ echo -e '  [i] Web Interface On'
  [i] Web Interface On
+ INSTALL_WEB_INTERFACE=true
+ [[ true == true ]]
+ WebToggleCommand=(whiptail --separate-output --radiolist "Do you wish to install the web server (lighttpd)?\\n\\nNB: If you disable this, and, do not have an existing webserver installed, the web interface will not function." "${r}" "${c}" 6)
+ WebChooseOptions=("On (Recommended)" "" on Off "" off)
++ whiptail --separate-output --radiolist 'Do you wish to install the web server (lighttpd)?\n\nNB: If you disable this, and, do not have an existing webserver installed, the web interface will not function.' 20 70 6 'On (Recommended)' '' on Off '' off
+ WebChoices=Off
+ case ${WebChoices} in
+ echo -e '  [i] Web Server Off'
  [i] Web Server Off
+ INSTALL_WEB_SERVER=false
+ setLogging
+ local LogToggleCommand
+ local LogChooseOptions
+ local LogChoices
+ LogToggleCommand=(whiptail --separate-output --radiolist "Do you want to log queries?" "${r}" "${c}" 6)
+ LogChooseOptions=("On (Recommended)" "" on Off "" off)
++ whiptail --separate-output --radiolist 'Do you want to log queries?' 20 70 6 'On (Recommended)' '' on Off '' off
+ LogChoices='On (Recommended)'
+ case ${LogChoices} in
+ echo -e '  [i] Logging On.'
  [i] Logging On.
+ QUERY_LOGGING=true
+ clone_or_update_repos
+ [[ false == true ]]
+ getGitFiles /etc/.pihole https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole.git
+ local directory=/etc/.pihole
+ local remoteRepo=https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole.git
+ local 'str=Check for existing repository in /etc/.pihole'
+ echo -ne '  [i] Check for existing repository in /etc/.pihole...'
  [i] Check for existing repository in /etc/.pihole...+ is_repo /etc/.pihole
+ local curdir
+ local rc
+ curdir=/opt
+ [[ -d /etc/.pihole ]]
+ cd /etc/.pihole
+ git status --short
+ cd /opt
+ return 0
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Check for existing repository in /etc/.pihole'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Check for existing repository in /etc/.pihole
+ update_repo /etc/.pihole
+ local curdir
+ local 'str=Update repo in /etc/.pihole'
+ curdir=/opt
+ cd /etc/.pihole
+ echo -ne '  [i] Update repo in /etc/.pihole...'
  [i] Update repo in /etc/.pihole...+ git stash --all --quiet
+ git clean --quiet --force -d
+ git pull --quiet
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Update repo in /etc/.pihole'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Update repo in /etc/.pihole
+ cd /opt
+ return 0
+ echo ''

+ return 0
+ [[ true == true ]]
+ getGitFiles /var/www/html/admin https://github.com/pi-hole/AdminLTE.git
+ local directory=/var/www/html/admin
+ local remoteRepo=https://github.com/pi-hole/AdminLTE.git
+ local 'str=Check for existing repository in /var/www/html/admin'
+ echo -ne '  [i] Check for existing repository in /var/www/html/admin...'
  [i] Check for existing repository in /var/www/html/admin...+ is_repo /var/www/html/admin
+ local curdir
+ local rc
+ curdir=/opt
+ [[ -d /var/www/html/admin ]]
+ cd /var/www/html/admin
+ git status --short
+ cd /opt
+ return 0
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Check for existing repository in /var/www/html/admin'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Check for existing repository in /var/www/html/admin
+ update_repo /var/www/html/admin
+ local curdir
+ local 'str=Update repo in /var/www/html/admin'
+ curdir=/opt
+ cd /var/www/html/admin
+ echo -ne '  [i] Update repo in /var/www/html/admin...'
  [i] Update repo in /var/www/html/admin...+ git stash --all --quiet
+ git clean --quiet --force -d
+ git pull --quiet
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Update repo in /var/www/html/admin'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Update repo in /var/www/html/admin
+ cd /opt
+ return 0
+ echo ''

+ return 0
+ dep_install_list=("${PIHOLE_DEPS[@]}")
+ local dep_install_list
+ [[ false == true ]]
+ install_dependent_packages 'dep_install_list[@]'
+ counter=2
+ [[ 2 == 1 ]]
+ echo -e '  [i] Main Dependency checks...'
  [i] Main Dependency checks...
+ argArray1=("${!1}")
+ declare -a argArray1
+ declare -a installArray
+ command -v debconf-apt-progress
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for bc...'
  [i] Checking for bc...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' bc
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for bc'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for bc
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for cron...'
  [i] Checking for cron...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' cron
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for cron'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for cron
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for curl...'
  [i] Checking for curl...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' curl
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for curl'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for curl
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for dnsutils...'
  [i] Checking for dnsutils...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' dnsutils
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for dnsutils'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for dnsutils
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for iputils-ping...'
  [i] Checking for iputils-ping...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' iputils-ping
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for iputils-ping'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for iputils-ping
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for lsof...'
  [i] Checking for lsof...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' lsof
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for lsof'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for lsof
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for netcat...'
  [i] Checking for netcat...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' netcat
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [i] Checking for netcat (will be installed)'

e[K  [i] Checking for netcat (will be installed)
+ installArray+=("${i}")
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for psmisc...'
  [i] Checking for psmisc...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' psmisc
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for psmisc'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for psmisc
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for sudo...'
  [i] Checking for sudo...+ grep 'ok installed'
+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' sudo
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for sudo'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for sudo
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for unzip...'
  [i] Checking for unzip...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' unzip
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for unzip'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for unzip
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for wget...'
  [i] Checking for wget...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' wget
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for wget'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for wget
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for idn2...'
  [i] Checking for idn2...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' idn2
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [i] Checking for idn2 (will be installed)'

e[K  [i] Checking for idn2 (will be installed)
+ installArray+=("${i}")
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for sqlite3...'
  [i] Checking for sqlite3...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' sqlite3
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [i] Checking for sqlite3 (will be installed)'

e[K  [i] Checking for sqlite3 (will be installed)
+ installArray+=("${i}")
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for libcap2-bin...'
  [i] Checking for libcap2-bin...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' libcap2-bin
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for libcap2-bin'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for libcap2-bin
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for dns-root-data...'
  [i] Checking for dns-root-data...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' dns-root-data
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [i] Checking for dns-root-data (will be installed)'

e[K  [i] Checking for dns-root-data (will be installed)
+ installArray+=("${i}")
+ echo -ne '  [i] Checking for resolvconf...'
  [i] Checking for resolvconf...+ dpkg-query -W '-f=${Status}' resolvconf
+ grep 'ok installed'
+ echo -e '\r\033[K  [\e[1;32m✓\e[0m] Checking for resolvconf'

e[K  [e[1;32m✓e[0m] Checking for resolvconf
+ [[ 4 -gt 0 ]]
+ test_dpkg_lock
+ i=0
+ fuser /var/lib/dpkg/lock
+ return 0
+ debconf-apt-progress -- apt-get --yes --no-install-recommends install netcat idn2 sqlite3 dns-root-data
e[?1049he[1;46re[4le[?25le(Be[me[37me[40me[1;46re[He[2Je[1;1He[1me[37me[45m

[2;1H e[3;1H e[4;1H e[5;1H e[6;1H e[7;1H e[8;1H e[9;1H e[10;1H e[11;1H e[12;1H e[13;1H e[14;1H e[15;1H e[16;1H e[17;1H e[18;1H e[19;1H e[20;1H e[21;1H e[22;1H e[23;1H e[24;1H e[25;1H e[26;1H e[27;1H e[28;1H e[29;1H e[30;1H e[31;1H e[32;1H e[33;1H e[34;1H e[35;1H e[36;1H e[37;1H e[38;1H e[39;1H e[40;1H e[41;1H e[42;1H e[43;1H e[44;1H e[45;1H e[46;1H e[46;146H e[4h e[4le[1;1He(Be[me[37me[45mPackage configuratione[20;36He[30me[47m┌──────────────────────────┤ e[31mInstalling packagese[30m ├──────────────────────────┐e[21;36H│ │e[1me[37me[40m e[22;36He(Be[me[30me[47m│ │e[1me[37me[40m e[23;36He(Be[me[30me[47m│ │e[1me[37me[40m e[24;36He(Be[me[30me[47m│ │e[1me[37me[40m e[25;36He(Be[me[30me[47m│ e[1me[37me[44m 0% e(Be[me[30me[47m │e[1me[37me[40m e[26;36He(Be[me[30me[47m│ │e[1me[37me[40m e[27;36He(Be[me[30me[47m└───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘e[1me[37me[40m e[28;37H e[25;72He[21;38He(Be[me[30me[47mPlease wait...e[25;72He[25;39He[1me[37me[41m 100% e[25;72He[?12le[?25he[46;1He(Be[me[37me[40me(Be[me[39;49m
e[K
e[?1049l

Installation stopped when it tried to install below packages:

netcat
idn2
sqlite3
dns-root-data

Whats results from below one ?

apt-cache policy netcat idn2 sqlite3 dns-root-data

What if you manually install those packages first and run installer again ?

sudo apt-get install netcat idn2 sqlite3 dns-root-data

EDIT: ohw and whats your setup ?

hostnamectl

Unable to locate dns-root-data.

This is an older Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server.

What bout below ones ?

Sorry didn't see the first one:

apt-cache policy netcat idn2 sqlite3 dns-root-data

netcat:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.10-40
  Version table:
     1.10-40 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
idn2:
  Candidate: 0.9-1
  Version table:
     0.9-1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
sqlite3:
  Candidate: 3.8.2-1ubuntu2.1
  Version table:
     3.8.2-1ubuntu2.1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security/main amd64 Packages
     3.8.2-1ubuntu2 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
N: Unable to locate package dns-root-data

hostnamectl

Static hostname: R-Kelly
         Icon name: computer-server
           Chassis: server
           Boot ID: 8d541e382bbf486e98a5f50105cee23d
  Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
            Kernel: Linux 3.13.0-32-generic
      Architecture: x86_64

sudo apt-get install netcat idn2 sqlite3

cd ~

wget http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/d/dns-root-data/dns-root-data_2018013001~17.10.1_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i dns-root-data_2018013001~17.10.1_all.deb

And run install again.

WOOT!!!

It's working... I'm so pumped!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.