Some connections will not be filtered

over wifi and lan will not all connections show in the pi hole query log.
on the smartphones and computers is the Pi-hole DNS known.
pi-hole is the newest version.

is a solution availabe?

The solution is to ensure that all your clients are connecting to Pi-Hole (and Pi-Hole only) as DNS server.

For the missing clients, ensure the DNS cache is cleared and renew the DHCP lease.

On the router, ensure that there are no other DNS settings that bypass Pi-Hole (family friendly settings, DNS rebind protection, IPV6 alternate paths, etc.)

thank you for your answer.

With manual LAN settings on computer works pi-hole, but i have problems with automatic DHCP from router. The first IP on computer is from pi-hole, but the second IP is from router.

in local DNS settings on router is only one field for local DNS.

DHCP of pi-hole is deactivated, but when DHCP is on computer activate, then is there the 1. DNS of pi-hole and 2. DNS IP from Router. in the router is in local DNS field the IP of pi-Hole.

over DHCP automatic configuration i can't change the field of the client. Manually it works.
I don't know where comes the second DNS (of Router) over DHCP, or can be change to two IP of pi-hole.
When DHCP automatic is on, the fields can't be change manually.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.