Simple: Label PiHole in WebUI

Hey everyone, new user here. I've set up PiHole on my home network with no issue and was very impressed with the results. So much so, that I've begun employing them at my job (in IT) to several facilities. 3 PiHoles set up so far but we plan on setting one up at each of our ~60 facilities. We have a hub-and-spoke topology so I'm able to pull up the dashboard for all sites on my computer. The problem I'm running into is that, unless I'm able to identify the facility by the PiHole's IP address, I don't know which facility I'm looking at.

All I want is for the WebUI to display the hostname of the PiHole, or allow me to name the Pi for WebUI purposes. I understand this probably isn't a concern for most single-Pi PiHole users, but it would be a simple yet immensely helpful feature for someone like me.

Thank you for the consideration,
-Wutnaut

The hostname should be shown in the Network box in the Settings page.

That's not very handy when I'm going to have 60 tabs open to monitor all the Pis. There is all this space in the top middle of the page... can you pull the Pi-hostname to there? Or simply add another field for me to name the Pi and have it pull to that header space?

It would help me out IMMENSELY.

Edit: consider a scenario where I haven't logged into the Pi yet. How can I know which I'm logging into? You don't unless you know which IP you're on.

Be aware that this will generate a ton of traffic as each dashboard will call its mother ship for updated statistics quite often.

Just to be clear, you are talking about something like this?

I'm not worried about the traffic it will generate. You're spot on with the screenshot. Ideally, it would be centered or to the left. But yes, that would be a great help for multi-PiHole users like me.

Thanks,
-Wutnaut

1 Like

DANG! That was quick! Very impressive.

Thanks again,
-Wutnaut