Seeing an unrecognized domain in top clients

Yeah, okay. This means FTL returns the data in a wrong format:

should be:

ID count IP hostname

Then, a bug in PHP comes into play: We try to resolve an IP "kindest" to a host name, which obviously cannot work as kindest is not a valid IP. However, instead of failing, the PHP gethostbyaddr subroutine returns gigabitethernet6-0.dca2c-fcor-rt2.netsrv.digex.net for you.

This is nothing to worry about as it is a sole issue in PHP. As you can see in the data returned by FTL (which is the real recorded and analyzed data, this strange client does not even exist and is a mere artifact generated by a buggy function in PHP.

You should either join us in beta testing FTL (it has been very stable for all users, so far) or re-install on a more recent Debian version. Whatever you prefer.

1 Like

Fascinating diagnosis. Great work.

I really should update the base OS on it. I'll do that and then try out the FTL beta.

1 Like

I updated the OS – I'm never waiting months to do that again; I'll reflash before I babysit a 6+ hour upgrade – and moved to the FTL beta using these instructions. Thanks for the support on this!

2 Likes

This Screen thing : Linux screen Command: Keep Processes Running Despite a Dropped Connection

It's AMAZING! :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.