Samsung Smartcam no connection since Pi-Hole

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

2 Samsung Smartcam's should have a green LED and I should be able to view their live feed.

Actual Behaviour:

2 Samsung Smartcam's have a blue LED indicating they're ready for setup and I cannot connect to them. If I disable Pi-Hole they reconnect. There is no logged activity for them what-so-ever on the Pi-Hole. Service provider ONT/Gateway is handling DHCP and both devices have an IP and can be pinged.

Debug Token:

kbgb15kptf!

If Pi-Hole is blocking the queries, they should be in the logs. Where are you looking - the query log or in /var/log/pihole.log ?

You might try a packet sniffer on your network (Wireshark or the like) to see what traffic is coming out of those devices.

Initially I was looking in the Query Log and there are only a couple entries from one of the cameras with domains of "+.home" and "+". I've now looked at /var/log/pihole.log and the camera's only entries in there just show their IP address and the word cached. No outbound address is listed. With Wireshark running I don's see any traffic coming out of the cameras at all.

Can you post an example?

May 19 00:00:10 dnsmasq[646]: cached 192.168.1.30 is NXDOMAIN

If that is the IP of the camera, then the camera was not making the request. Something was requesting the IP of the camera. The line above that in the log will show the requesting client. Typically you will see this pattern - query, followed by forward if not cached, then reply.

May 19 19:31:57 dnsmasq[2365]: query[A] d.dropbox.com from 192.168.0.135
May 19 19:31:57 dnsmasq[2365]: forwarded d.dropbox.com to 127.0.0.1
May 19 19:31:57 dnsmasq[2365]: reply d.dropbox.com is <CNAME>
May 19 19:31:57 dnsmasq[2365]: reply d.v.dropbox.com is <CNAME>
May 19 19:31:57 dnsmasq[2365]: reply d-sjc.v.dropbox.com is 162.125.34.137

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.