Run pi hole on only one device

The issue I am facing:
Falls over after a day.
Is it possible to run pi-hole on only my LG TV and leave all other devices running on my normal network. Or have options to setup a device to not use the pi.

Details about my system:
Raspberry pi 4 b 8gig sandisk sd, diet pi os
ASUS ac68u router latest firmware

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
Pointed my routers dns to the pi. Disabled dhcp on my router and enabled on the pi-hole.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mick

Cleanest would be to not configure Pi-hole on your router, keep DHCP at the router and configure Pi-hole as static DNS server on the TV only. But it depends on the TV's software/config options whether or how to set a static DNS.

What do you mean by this? We should be able to solve issues you face when using Pi-hole for your whole network.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I considered that but didn’t try it as I didn’t think it would work. I will definitely give it a go though.

I just meant that when I had it setup with Pi-hole managing DHCP it just falls over and my devices can’t get an IP address. Sorry I should have been clearer.

I’ve now let my router manage DHCP and just forwarded the DNS to Pi-hole and it seems to be working ok now. I will see how it goes anyway.. Again.. cheers for the info re the TV.

Thanks
Mick

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.