Router Stops Recognizing Pihole After a Couple Days, Assigns it a new IP address

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Router should assign a static IP address to the pihole. Pihole's local IP address should not change. I have reserved an IP address for the pihole in my router's DHCP settings.

Actual Behaviour:

I installed the pihole software on my raspberry pi running raspian lite. The ip address listed during the install process works just fine. But then, it suddenly stops working after a day or so.

The pihole doesn't even register on the router's list of devices. I cannot SSH into it nor access the admin area. The registered address on the router's DHCP settings reads "registered inactive".

I'll then go and edit my router's DNS settings to use 1.1.1.1 instead of the pihole's reserved IP. Once I have stopped pointing the router to the DNS, I can suddenly re-access the pihole admin area and successfully SSH into it. I then have to reset my router's DNS to point to the pihole. Once I do that, everything works again.

Debug Token:

x7qoki0fnj

What model Pi are you using? The Pi/Pi-Hole is on the wlan0 interface (IP 192.168.0.42), which might be entering sleep mode.

Do you have an option to connect this Pi via ethernet to your network?

I do not have a spare ethernet cable at the moment, which is why I was using the wlan...

It is a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.