Reset Pi-Hole IP after moving to a new network

Hi,
Just moved to a new apartment and the old network name is still there. (192.168.1.160) and the new one seen in the adress bar is 192.168.0.40. Not sure if this will cause any issues :stuck_out_tongue: how do I rename it to the new one?

Debug Token:
v6xrkadsrt

Best,
H

Note that the numbers you are seeing are IP addresses, not network names. I make this point because in the steps below you will be asked for IP addresses.

This mismatch will cause problems.

To correct this, ensure the 192.168.0.40 address of the Pi-Hole is statically assigned in the current router. Then, run pihole -r from the command terminal on the Pi-Hole host, and select the reconfiguration option. You will be asked if the currently assigned IP address is the one you want Pi-Hole to use. Answer yes and continue the steps until the end.

The link provides some additional information on setting static IPs.

5 Likes

Thank you,
I did reconfigure and now the ip adress is shown as 0.40 as it should. The FTL stats are fine now aswell, showing me correctly cpu and mem usage, it showed %CPU% and %mem% before.

And is your Pi-Hole blocking ads now as it was in the old apartment?

Yes sir, it actually blocked before pihole -r also. but with diffrent ip adress in the system tab.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.