RegEx Blocklist Import Fails

After updating to Pihole v5, it appears that every time gravity updates, it fails to import lists that contain only regex entries.

The error that is returned is that the 365 entries are invalid.

What do I need to do to correct his?

These lists are not importable. The only lists that Pi-hole can import are in HOSTS format, which is one domain (not regex) per line.

Manually enter the regex into the Group Admin > domains > RegEx Filter window. You can copy and paste them all as a bunch, they don't have to be entered individually.

Thank you for the quick reply and helpful information.

Do you know if there are plans to allow importing of regex via a list format in the future?

There are none that I am aware of. It can be done now with SQL commands; the user would need to write a script to collect the regex and insert them into the database.

Okay, I will look to add a feature request for this.

Also, it would be nice to have check boxes on the list of domains so that it would be easier to select several to delete at once.

Lastly, it also looks like importing the regex list through the web interface is not optimal in the sense that it does not dedupe the list from what exists and keep adding new entries like updating gravity does. Instead, it will throw an error and stop importing anything that is not deduped. This makes it very frustrating trying to figure out which one is causing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.