Raspberry Pi stops after a few hours

First post here, but thanks in advance for any help that you guys can offer.

I recently received my first Raspbery Pi as a Christmas gift and have spent the following weeks setting it up with Pi-hole and as a Squid Proxy server. Squid seems to be working smoothly, but every few hours my Pi-hole service stops working and the console shows that there are no queries coming through. I can reboot my Raspberry Pi and the service works fine for a few hours, but then stops again.

Here is a link to the pastebin with the Debug Log.

Let me know if there is any other information that could prove helpful.

Thanks!

It looks like dnsmasq isn't active.

Could you please run

pihole -r

and then choose "Repair".

Did repairing your install work?

It worked for about a day. Now I am getting no domains blocked and no DNS queries. I ran the repair again, but I still had to reboot before anything worked.

From reviewing that debug log it looks like there may be another process starting dnsmasq. The configuration files look okay, but the query to:

Pi-hole dnsmasq specific records lookups
Cache Size:
Upstream Servers:

should report back the 10000 sized cache along with the IP addresses of the upstream servers. Also the local check of the dnsmasq resolver is reporting back that 127.0.0.1 is not looking to the hosts files for name resolution, but instead it is looking to another name server running on port 53.

Can you get us the output from sudo netstat -tulpn on the Pi? That should report back which daemon is listening on port 53. Also if you could get cat /etc/resolv.conf for us we can start to find out what is really going on.

Let us know the output of the commands @DanSchaper suggested and we'll try to track down the problem further.

I'm having the same issue here where I stop getting new queries after about an hour or so - curious to know if you've found a fix!