Raspberry and IPV6

Hello

Since i havn't got any answer in the german-board, i will try it here, mabe here are more peoples, who can help me. :slight_smile:Sorry for my poor english, i hope you can understand, what i am trying to say… :joy:

Im a Newbie and have installed the Raspberry and Pi-hole. The DHCP-Server from my ISP-Router doesn't allow to give any Settings with it (only enable / disable and MAC-based IP reservations). So i want to use the build-in DHCP-Server from Pi-hole.

When i have installed Pi-hole, the Setup toke from the ISP-Router the static-DHCP-Adress IPV4 (192.168.1.120) but also a IPV6 Adress (2a02:1205:c694:.....), which is not a ULA, right?

If i will enable now the Pi-hole DHCP-Server (and he will provide all my Clients also with ULA IPV6 IPs) is this a Problem, that the Raspberry still have his old IPV6 Adress? Does the Raspberry also need an ULA-Adress?

Thanks a lot and best regards

Fred

The addresses will be handled correctly by the new DHCP server. Just make sure you use the same subnet for the DHCP range and don't include your Pi-hole's or router's IP address in the range.

Thanks a lot!

So if i understand you correct, there will be no problem if i keep the Raspberry's old IPV6 adress. The Raspberry does not need a new ULA-IPV6 adress to work correctly with the Clients.

Regards

Fred

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.