Random web pages not loading completely, fine with pi hole off

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

All web pages load fine, without ads, as they did before I recently re-imaged and updated the pi-hole on the same rpi 3 B+ it'd been happily running on for a couple of years.

Actual Behaviour:

Many but not all web pages load about half way, then stop loading—Safari's "X" close icon on the right hand side of the address bar never changes to be a ":repeat:" reload icon, the page freezes.

https://www.dyson.co.uk is a good example, but it happens with others. I know it's the pi-hole's fault because when I turn it off temporarily everything works fine.

Debug Token:

S0iK1gEU

Everything had been working great in the previous incarnation of Pi Hole on this hardware, but recently I had to re-image the pi (I think the SD card died); now with maybe about 30% of websites I get this behaviour where the page loads maybe half way then just stops. Safari's frozen, its right hand side address-bar icon never changes from cancel to reload, the page is mostly blank and I can't interact with anything that is there.

How do I even go about diagnosing what's wrong?

This seems similar to Safari won't finish loading certain sites after iOS 15.5 / MacOS 12.4 upgrade

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.