Random Apple Services Failure (Apple Music, App Store)

The issue I am facing:
Running into issues with Apple Music failing to load, AppStore showing unreachable but not always. This is occurring on all my apple devices using these services, phone, laptop, homepods, etc.

Enabling VPN or dropping to Cellular fixes the problem and then allows it to work back on pihole network.

Looking at the query log when the failure occur's it seems the akamiedge or akami CDN server is requested via HTTPS and the pihole reponds with NODATA.

Apples Private Relay is disabled on this network on all apple devices.

Details about my system:
Originally running in docker on a outdated version. Now running on a RaspberryPi w/ current build. Setup as new. Installed cloudflared and pointing to quad9. Killed the backup DNS docker build for troubleshooting.

UniFi UDM Pro - DHCP server

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
Added blacklisted and whitelisted domains for certain IOT devices.
Added all common apple whitelisted items
Installed cloudflared DoH and tested functionality
Tested AppStore failure with cloudflared and without using just Quad9

Uploaded logs:
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/9Cu5buIA/

This is normal. The HTTPS query type is not yet implemented by RFC, and there are no answers to be found for those queries.

Use these tools to determine why the requested Apple content does not load:

I have determined the problem was with my Firewall was blocking some of Apples server farms in one of the Geo-Restricted countries.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.