Queries

I am new to pi hole i have been running for 2 3 weeks already, i am facing issue regarding my queries last night my queries was 30000 and i check after 1 or 2 hours it went to 28000 and after i check in the morning it went to 23057 iknpw pi hole keep the queries for 24 hours it has not been 24 hours i already submit the here is my debug log token mtyykb9cp3.

This is normal. The dashboard shows the last 24 hours - it's a moving display. If you had a large group of requests yesterday, this would have been reflected in last night's dashboard display. By today, that large group of requests is no longer counted in the previous 24 hours, and your total queries for the last 24 hours goes down.

As an example, here is a Pi-Hole where there was a very large spike in queries due to streaming some online content in the evening. For the 24 period for that day, this is the display:

Now move the query time ahead 12 hours, so only half that day is shown and half the next day. The total queries went up because now there are two activity spikes included.

Now go 12 more hours ahead and the large spike is no longer counted in the total queries:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.