Problem with Login Page for a website

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

I normally do my internet shopping with Coles in Australia, been doing so for years, If I bypass pi-hole and add a DNS to my mac DNS, I can login into the site, but if I use pi-hole the site works as expected however the login page is the issue. I thought it might have been the add-ons in the various browsers but no there not the issue and one browser that I use as troubleshooting has no add-ons. so I delete the blacklist and whitelist in Pi-Hole through this method.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sqlite3 /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db ".backup /home/pi/pihole-FTL.db.backup"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "delete from domainlist where type=1;"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "delete from domainlist where type=3;"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "delete from domainlist where type=2;"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo service unbound restart
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "delete from domainlist where type=0;"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "delete from domainlist where type=2;"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "DELETE FROM adlist;"
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ pihole restartdns reload-lists

And yet still I could not login into Coles login page, is this a bug with Pi-hole?

Expected Behaviour:

login into the site like any other sites. www.coles.com.au
Raspberry OS
Raspberry Pi

Actual Behaviour:

A non functional login page

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/KKsSaxbn/

By running this statement, you would have deleted all rows from the adlists table, effectively clearing all blocklists. As the other statements would have cleared your range of individually blocked domains as well, your Pi-hole wouldn't provide any kind of filtering anymore - rendering it useless.

And if that's the case, your issue wouldn't be related to Pi-hole.

Note that you could have used one of the Disable menu options from Pi-hole's UI to much the same effect, but without losing all of your domain and blocklist configuration.

Just curious:
Where did you get those statements from?
What gave you the idea that those SQL statements would address your issue?

It made no difference whether the blacklist or whitelist was active, the login page failed. it simply the login page is affected only with pi-hole as explain without pi-hole the login page works.

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/pdOH6g85/

This and neither of your other commands cleared the DNS cache of your Pi-hole. The blocked domain may still be in there. Did you try pihole restartdns or restarting the whole device?

Also, your screenshot shows that the login was actually loaded, only some styling seems to be missing. Try looking into your Query Log to identify what was blocked.

Reboot the system!

PS I have NoScript on all the browsers except blocking anything on the troubleshoot browser which show all the domains for each website.

The issue you appear to be having is that some element required to load the complete website is missing. This may be due to Pi-hole blocking a domain (or domains).

Use the tools in the link I provided to determine what domains are being blocked by Pi-hole when you load that site. You may be able to whitelist selected domains to make the site load.

Seem it a company problem , it now affect both desktop and mobile browsers and their apps.

thank you for the help.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.