PrivateDNS (TLSoverDNS) on port 853 redirect with HTTPS

Hi, i managed to get and cofigure PiHole 4 on my ReadyNAS OS 6.10.4 and ReadyNAS 312 unit.
It has Debian 8 (jessie) inside, manufacturer does not allow ot upgrade OS or update PiHole now.

I cant install compatible packages using apt-get and editing sources file.

Im facing the following problem. It works perfectly. Mostly im using Google DNS servers network.

Service runs on port 53 for local network, when got opened same port to the internet it worked well, but closed immedeatly because safety. I want reach my mobile phones in any location would use my PiHole over (mobile) data connection. I was able to do it on port 53 using third party android app (53 = unsafe).

So i am trying to use default PrivateDNS from Android mobile phone which is as said TLS over DNS (port 853). Opened that port on the router and redirected to the ReadyNAS unit (confirmed working ok).

Found some tutorials.. saying that i could use nginx (this one i cant manage to install nginx and nginx-full packages install ends with errors that i cant fix), unbound and some 3rd app.

Managed to get domainname.no-ip.com for my public IP address too. I have tried unbound but things about certificates are unclear to me. Watched unbound.log, mobile connects, there is some problem (probably certificates). I have generated them.. using some tutorials.

Question.. is there any easy tutorial how to make it working? 853 to 53 redirection using https and managing TLS-over-DNS working from internet?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.