Port 443 blocked - certain HTTPS ads still causing 20s timeout?

I am having an issue where certain ads which are served over HTTPS cause a timeout instead of immediately returning unreachable. I have searched the forum and I found solutions saying to use iptables to either ACCEPT or REJECT traffic on port 443. I tried both but there is no change.

I can confirm via iptables -vL that the rule is getting hit, and so it should be returning icmp port unreachable. But for some reason, certain domains (usually javascript files served on cdns, like "tiqcdn.com") still take 20 seconds to timeout.

EDIT: I should also mention that if I go to https://raspberrypi I get the timeout instead of unreachable as well, although the rule says it is taking effect.

I found the solution and it was my fault - I changed the pi's IP address and just changed it in /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf. This was insufficient, as I needed to run pihole -r to reconfigure. Pages now load properly.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.