Pihole works but most of the time doesn't work

Expected Behaviour:

It should be blocking ads and always be running.
I am running pi-hole as a docker container with windows 10.
I setup dhcp on my router (Archer A7)

Actual Behaviour:

It is very inconsistent in blocking and barely works, I believe its a problem with when I set it up or something, but I am not sure what I did wrong.
Everything else works and the web interface is even showing a blocking percentage of 10-15%. However there are still ads. I used another device to go on a generic site to test for ads and trackers and they still show. I am also using [Ad Blocker Test] to test if its blocking or not. Usually its at 10% which isn't right because the default blocklist should already block most of it + I have other lists. Other times its 50% or 90%, I am not trying to block 100% I just use it to see if its pi-hole is working or not.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/yo8veSUK/

I am a newbie to networking and set it up pi-hole as a personal project. I would like to fix my mistakes and learn from this experience. I hope to eventually get a raspberry pi or alternative and set up more projects on it.
Thank you for your time helping me^^

From a client that you believe should be connected to the Pi-Hole for DNS, from the command prompt or terminal on that client (and not via ssh or Putty to the Pi), what is the output of

nslookup pi.hole

nslookup flurry.com

nslookup pi.hole
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.0.253

Name: pi.hole

nslookup flurry.com
Server: UnKnown

Name: flurry.com
Addresses: ::

Please let me know if you need anything else

These outputs show that the client is using Pi-hole for DNS resolution, and that Pi-hole is working properly.

Use these tools to determine the source of the ads you are seeing:

Thank you for the help. Then its a probably a problem with my container's schedule, I have it set up to start and stop running at certain times. (I know its running because I am able to access the web interface and I check if its running or not, but pi-hole just doesn't seem to be working sometimes) I'll look into it, for now the problem is fixed though, for some reason and google ads/doubleclick ads are no longer showing.
Again thanks for your help and time, merry christmas jfb^^

Your DNS server needs to be running all the time.

It is, I have the dns server enabled the same time the container is turned on. I'm not sure what the problem was, but it all seems ok now.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.