Pihole whitelist not working properly

Hello,

I'm having issues getting my pihole whitelist to work properly. Good example: It keeps blacklisting android.clients.google.com even though I've whitelisted it several times. After whitelisting, I hit the reset button but the site is still blocked.

Actual behavior - Whitelisted sites keep appearing as blocked although having added them to whitelist several times. This may be due to the long list of block sites I'm enrolled in but I add a site to the whitelist it should override any block list.

Expected behavior - Whitelist sites should be not be blocked after pihole adds them to whitelist.

Debug token - 06yqnqrihy

I would appreciate some assistance with this, I cant figure out why this keeps happening.

Currently whitelisting a domain through web interface doesn't work.
Enter pihole -w android.clients.google.com in terminal.

It says it already exists in my whitelist

in the last couple of days, i had similiar experience. i blacklisted something, and it still showed up. i whitelisted something and it is stil lblacklisted. i did it all on the console to avoid the webinterface-bug.

most of the time, the problem was my homesetup of network. i trippel checked that all clients use the raspi as their dns server. so i checked my dhcp konfig, my ipv4 ipv6 dns (still struggling with the right setup) upstream dns.

after i could see ALL (!) of my clients using the pihole (checked the query log) in my network i was sure that my network setup is working as intended.

after that, the problem of apperantly not blocking or whitelisting stuff was client based. firefox, chrome, cache, dhcp release/renew and rebooting the client.

so long story short. check if all clients use the pihole als their dns

then check brwoser, cache, dhcp leases, reboot client,

Thanks for the reply.

I have double-checked that the client is correctly configured with the pihole as DNS server but the problem persists. I have also checked in the query log and it shows the address being blocked despite being on my whitelist.

I also have this problem. I whitelist a site from pihole -w and it still blocks it. A reboot fixes it but then will come back at a later time.

This is exactly what is happening to me.

Here is an image from the browser

https://i.imgur.com/OdEum0J.png

I am having the same issue - a whitelisted domain is still blocked.

ETA: The pihole -w command complained that the domain was already listed.
I deleted the entry via the GUI, then re-added it using pihole -w.
For the moment, that seems to be working.

Yes I am whitelisting that way, not using the web based method, but I’m still have domains blocked even though they are whitelisted. I have read that post already.

Same for me. Nothing solves it atm. I disabled my pihole until resolved.

So do you get the same screen as posted here?

I’m on my iPad trying to go to a whitelisted site and I get a white screen with this message, safari cannot open the page because it cannot establish a secure connection to the server. When I go the the query page it shows the site that it is whitelisted as red and Pi-holed. I just restarted pihole and I am now getting that same website blocked page.

OK, please take a look here:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.