Pihole on netgear router and alexa

The issue I am facing:
I've been running Pihole on my Synology nas for awhile. Recently I've run into an issue with my Alexa units losing connection or refusing to connect. If I set the dns to get automatically from isp my "Alexa dot, show 8," connect fine. When I set the primary DNS to point to Pihole my Alexa device say, "they're having trouble connecting to the internet." It was working the first month fine and than this started.

Signal strength from the router at the show 8 is roughly -35dbm@ 2.4ghz, -43dbm@ 5ghz. Secondary DNS is google 8.8.8.8

Details about my system:
Windows 10 pro, Netgear Nighthawk AX5400 RAX(50) WIFI 6
What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
Nothing I can think of. TIA

What adlists are you running? Please post the text output of this command:

sqlite3 /etc/pihole/gravity.db "SELECT address FROM adlist"

Don't do this. There is no reliable concept of primary and secondary. Given multiple DNS servers, clients are free to use any of them at any time, and this frequently leads to DNS traffic bypassing Pi-hole.

First, what you said above is beyond my understanding. Pihole is working and blocking ads on most sites which is fine. My problem is when I do that I have to set the DNS in the router so traffic from the net goes through Pihole first. When I do that, all of my Alexa devices throw a fit saying there's no internet. Even if I only use one, "the nas," ip addres for dns.

Is the problem my router, or? Thank you.

P.S. I'm sorry but I don't know how to comply to your first request with it being on my NAS

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

[✓] Your debug token is: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/F4frWH42/
[i] Logs are deleted 48 hours after upload.

Sorry, had to look up exactly how to do it as the first 2 didn't give me the above info. noob here

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.