Pihole not working with new router/network

The issue I am facing:
Pi-Hole is not getting seen by my new Asus router. I also could not use the ISP provided modem in bridged mode. It is possible but I need to get another device to bypass it. For now I am just trying to set it up in a double NAT Configuration

Details about my system:
On previous Virgin Mobile Home Hub the way I got pihole to block ads was to disable DHCP on the HomeHub and use Pihole as my DHCP server.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
It was working fine. I figured I needed to change the IP address since the new router has a 192.168.50.1 address
I ran pihole -r and changed the pihole IP to 192.168.5.100 so it would be on the same network as my new router. After going through the config I am not able to see any change. Pihole is still accessible by it's old IP address 192.168.2.132 and does not work on my new router.
I also cannot run pihole -r again because it fails OS check and won't run.

I have looked at the dhcpcd.conf and setupvars.conf and tried to set the settings back to normal with the old IPs but I get error#3 permission denied. Not sure what to do. I'm thinking of possibly starting from scratch but would like to resolve this without doing that if possible.

Thanks.

Can you run pihole -d to generate a debug log?

Remember to answer "yes" when asked to upload the log and paste only the Token URL here
(only developers will have access to your log).

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.