Pihole not working on network

Expected Behaviour:

Connect my network to Pihole to run on the whole network.

Actual Behaviour:

Pihole works great on my raspberry pi 400 connect to my network over wifi but any time I try to connect any device to pihole dashboard does not show that device and I received a DNS error.

Debug Token:

[Replace this text with the debug token provided from running pihole -d (or running the debug script through the web interface]

Feels like your DHCP server is not giving the address of your pihole as the DNS to the devices. Did you change the DNS settings on your router/DHCP server? Or disable the router/DHCP and enable pihole's DHCP server?

You can check by running ipconfig /all (on a Windows CMD prompt) and checking the DHCP and DNS info for what your expect.

Here's the guide for pihole DHCP: How do I use Pi-hole's built in DHCP server (and why would I want to)?

So I tried this and followed the directions off that guide, the internet on my connected devices work just as they had before with ads and all. I tried restarting the router and pihole twice and then I lost all connectivity to my router/wifi to all my devices and ended up doing a factory reset on my router. Im not sure if I messed up somewhere but not sure if I should uninstall my pihole and start from zero or not. I am also not sure if my ip allows for piholes or if its something with my router.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.