PiHole Not Blocking Any Ads

Expected Behaviour:

PiHold should be blocking ads on websites.

Actual Behaviour:

Regardless of what device I'm using on my network, no ads are blocked. Tested this site and various other sites like slickdeals.net
No ads are blocked.

I just set up PiHole yesterday and it was working. I followed this guide for setup, but am using a pi zero w instead of pi 3/4. I've specified PiHole's IP as the only DNS on my router (IPv4, originally also populated PiHole's IPv6 address as well, but have since removed this during troubleshooting). Checking the DNS Server on a device experiencing no ad blocking, the 1st DNS is the PiHole, but there is also an IPv6 DNS, unsure if this is okay?

I'm super new to this, so please let me know if I may provide additional information.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/mwbqps1cit

If there is an Ipv6 DNS server, clients could use that to bypass pihole.

What is the output of
dig pi.hole from one of your clients?

Y'all, I am stupid. Right after I posted this I realized I'm testing this on a (work) computer that is currently connected to VPN. If I disable the VPN it works fine. Sorry for the trouble! Since this is a work related VPN I probably won't pair it with PiHole.

I also added back PiHole's IPv6 address to the router's DNS server.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.