Pihole killed my Hotspot?

Before installing a pihole (hosted on another machine not my raspberry pi) I used to use my raspberry pi as a WiFi extender (aka enabled the hotspot functionality on Ubuntu) and it used to run flawlessly. After installing the pihole and setting it as a DNS server on my router the hotspot magically stopped proving internet connectivity to the connected devices even though the raspberry pi itself had internet and worked without issues.

Expected Behaviour:

Devices connected on the hotspot having internet connectivity and working with no issues

Actual Behaviour:

Devices connected to the hotspot don't have any internet connectivity whatsoever

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/RuRzSoLB/

WiFi hotspot software frequently conflicts with Pi-hole DNS configuration. They may install configuration files in /etc/dnsmasq.d that are not compatible with Pi-hole.

But the pihole is hosted on a different machine other than the hotspot host (pi)

There should be no interaction then. Pi-hole is indifferent to how the network connects to the internet.

What happens if you put the settings in your router back to the way they were? Can devices on the hotspot once again access the internet?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.