PiHole ipv6 Fritzbox Problems DNS resolution

Hello all,

I'm new on PiHole and recently installed it on my RPi1 to test the whole adblocking, for youtube and twitch etc.

So I've installed it and start configuring the PiHole.

I’m using a FritzBox and have als IPv6 so I tried to redirect all the queries over the PiHole.

I’ve set my Fritzbox to „ULA always assign“ and set a manual prefix fd00.

I’ve read the IPv6 address from the RPi1 with „ip a ls |grep fd00“ and insert it on my FritzBox and on my „/etc/pihole/setupVars.conf“ under „IPV6_ADDRESS“.

When I type in „pihole -g“ I get an error message:

„pi@raspberrypi:~ $ pihole -g

[✗] DNS resolution is currently unavailable

[i] Time until retry:“

On my PC I didn’t get any ads on youtube. But on the iPhone App it still shows me the ads.

Am I doing something wrong?

Why says the PiHole that the DNS resolution isn‘t availible?

Br

Please generate a debug log and upload it. Post the link to it here, only devs and mods can see access it and it will be deleted after 48hrs.

I think I found the problem, but I'm not sure, if the PiHole is now working for this devices.
I have also IPv6 in my network and I wanted to filter the devices, that are connected via IPv6.

So I set the PiHole as an DNSv6 Server in my network and added the IPv6 address from the Pi to my FritzBox and also added the address to "/etc/pihole/setupVars.conf".

After that the IPv6 address is also written in the "/etc/resolv.conf". When this is active, the DNS resolution is currently unavailable.
When I change it back to 127.0.0.1 the DNS Service is updating again, but on my iPad, iPhone and SmartTV I get ADS in the Youtube or Twitch App.
On my PC not.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.