Pihole Firefox problem

Hello,

some of my websites are loading slow (8-10 Seconds) in firefox but in microsoft edge or chrome they are loading very fast. what can cause this issue? running ff in safe mode made no change. firefox on other pc in same network has the same issue. chrome and edge are working there very fast too (1-2 seconds).

anyone got a workaround?

Why do you think this is a Pi-hole related issue? Does the delay go away when you disable blocking on your Pi-hole?

yes its going away. it loads as fast as edge or chrome... i did this workaround for ipv6 because my provider 1&1 changes ip every day

1 Like

please read... i did this ipv6 thing. its working. only firefox has this problem

Open up the dev tools and go to the network requests to see what is slowing down the queries.

there are some scripts which are slowing down the website to load. but why do i have to use no script in ff and on chrome or edge its working brilliant?

What scripts are they?

Why do you mention NoScript?

adyieldlab.net and script.ioam.de are slow. because its only loading fast if i use noscript. tried so many things but none of them are working. heise.de chip.de and some other sites are taking 8 -10 seconds to load

If you directly query those domains, does the query take a long time?

nslookup adyieldlab.net

i get timeout after 2 seconds on ad.yieldlab.net

Was was the full output of the command?

Server: raspberrypi
Address: fd00::dc5d:e460:729:971a

Name: ad.yieldlab.net
Addresses: fd00::dc5d:e460:729:971a

Make a new debug token (I can't check if the IPv6 address is correct because the other ones are expired).

Does the same command take a long time on the Pi-hole? What is the output of this on the Pi-hole?

dig adyieldlab.net

it takes one second on raspberry. output is:

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Raspbian <<>> ad.yieldlab.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56591
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ad.yieldlab.net. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ad.yieldlab.net. 2 IN A 192.168.178.7

;; Query time: 1 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar 06 09:49:07 UTC 2018
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 60

debug token is : neo67fcbaj

After all, Firefox is an altogether different browser. I have seen similar things myself where Chrome starts to render the websites already when not all requested resources arrived, however, Firefox seems to be waiting much longer before even starting to render the pages. The real problem is that they time out at all.

Try opening https://pi.hole on the various browsers and please tell us if you see any delays there.

It takes 4 seconds and then error : connection failed on all browsers

Hmm, not sure why your Firefox times out on scripts then.... Can you show a screen shot of the network tab of the developer tools when loading these pages (with NoScript disabled).

Sure. I'll be back home on monday. Then i'll post it. On heise.de and computerbild.de script.ioam.de and googletagservices.com are taking 8000ms

They should both time out immediately. It may be a firewall issue (do you have custom HTTPS blocking rules installed on your Pi-hole?).