Pihole crashes frequently

Hello, I've just got my raspberry pi board yesterday and was eager to try out pihole. However, after following all the instructed steps, I'm encountering this problem and it seems that I can't solve it on my own.

Expected Behaviour:

Running non-stop

Actual Behaviour:

Every few hours (about one to three), pihole will crash. ssh will not connect, the web interface will not show up at all when I try to access it. Need to manually reboot the device (removing the power supply)

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/rcteabtwu0

Your debug log looks normal. Perhaps you are having a hardware problem (indicated since ssh will not connect).

What model Pi? Good quality SD card or a cheap one that came in a kit? What power supply are you using for the Pi?

Thank you for replying.

Im currently using pi zero w, a SD card that I bought at bestbuy (Lexar 32GB), and a phone charger from Sony that provides 1800mA at 5V.

I would swap the power supply for another, and also ensure that the WiFi on the Pi isn't going to sleep.

Thank you, will try those and report back.

I couldn't get a proper micro usb-b power supply for now but I'll try to disable wifi sleep on the Pi and see if that solves the problem.

Hi jfb,

I tried to turn the wifi sleep off and it worked for 3 hours and I left the pihole-log on just in case it crashes again.

And then it crashed. The last thing on the log was

dnsmasq [some number]: [reply error is SERVFAIL"]

And then pihole went in to the status I described earlier in the post, i.e ssh and web wont work.

Any ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.