Pihole blocks amazon drop down suggestions

Dear all,

hope i write my question into the right forum.
I would like to ask the following.

If you remember e.g. at Amazon when you search for a special topic you get some suggestion in advance. This "feature" seems to be blocked when pihole is running ! I don't find in the list a blocking that i can put on the whitelist so that this "feature" works again while pihole ist still blocking the neccessary other stuff.
Do you know what needs to be done that this works again ?

Hope you did understand which "feature" i mean.

A good way to troubleshoot this is to look at the query log in your pi-hole. Narrow it down by your IP address and then go to amazon on your computer. Then do the drop down suggestions.

Check your pi-hole to see blocked queries and whitelist one at a time to find out which one is doing it.

Is this the feature you refer to? If not, please post a screen shot of what you are seeing (on this forum you can paste it directly into a reply). Note that this screen shot was taken on a client that is using Pi-Hole for DNS resolution.

@jfb
Yes you are correct, it is exactly what i want to habe BUT while running pihole it is not working any longet.
I also looked into the queries for my device but there is nothing that is blocked.

Is this problem confined to one browser or do they all do it? I would look in the browser web inspector, or developer mode, or whatever your browser calls it and look at the code that is being loaded for any errors.

Yes it is a problem with many browser.
Tomorrow i will have a look onto the console of FF. maybe i get an error why the dropdown is not coming.
Do you know how this feature is officially named? I dont know it so i dont know what i need to look for

I don't know the name. I did note that using the Mac Safari browser, the pull down list doesn't always trigger. When I first launch the site, it does but if I later do additional queries it doesn't always appear. I didn't try with disabling Pi-Hole, but that would be a logical step in troubleshooting.

Okay i got it. It was the following blocking:

completion.amazon.co.uk

Now it is working again the drop down list !

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.