PiHole blocking but ads are still showing

Hey everyone, i just installed a pihole, installation was no problem, since i can't edit the dns server on the router, i edited it for the windows-machine itself for now.
PiHole Admin shows blocked sites when using the pihole testing page, but i still see the ads.
With ipconfig /all i only see the pihole as DNS listed. I also flushed the DNS-Cache. My debug token is: jzxwznifh6

Expected Behaviour:

Ads don't show in the browser, since pihole seems to block them according to the admin

Actual Behaviour:

ads are still shown

Debug Token:

jzxwznifh6

Your debug log shows that your Pi-Hole is working correctly.

You may still be seeing ads for several reasons:

1. The client has an alternate path for DNS queries. This can be IPv6 or a number of other reasons.
  2. The ads might come from a domain that is not being blocked by Pi-Hole. These tools can help you troubleshoot this problem:

I would tail the pihole.log while opening the offending web page on your Windows client and verify that you are seeing the requests from the client in the pihole.log. If not, then the client is getting DNS queries resolved elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.