Pihole (and other adblockers) block reviews for clothing sites: how to fix?

While I love pihole, my wife finds it frustrating that when adblocking is enabled, reviews for clothing items at websites like bananarepublic.com, neimanmarcus.com, http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/ etc all don't display reviews.

Bypassing pihole makes them return. What is the best way to whitelist whatever domains are used to power these reviews

This is a FAQ that covers how to fix some broken sites How do I determine what domain an ad is coming from?

Are you looking to whitelist across every device, or just some devices?

Actually happy to just unblock hers. I just converted to pihole managing the DHCP on my network and love the extra info I get. I could assign a static IP for her devices. Not sure how to accomplish that, but would love to learn!

(again, wow - fast replies)!

The workaround can work if you are using the Pi-hole as your DHCP server, it assigns the MAC address from the target device to use another DNS server, so the tradeoff is that her devices would not be using the Pi-hole anymore, but the DNS server that you choose to replace it with.

I'll explore that, thanks. I'm trying the DNSThingy plugin but it lists an overwhelmming number of addresses! I'll play with it more and see...

Okay, let us know how you do and if you want to try the other options.

You can also manually change the DNS server on her devices instead of through the DHCP server.

I had the same problem. For some of the sites used in my household (modcloth.com) it looks like the problem was a particular review aggregator called bazaarvoice. To fix it I whitelisted display.ugc.bazaarvoice.com

Hopefully that can help someone.