Pihole 5.0 Docker - Gravity database issue

I updated my docker container to PiHole 5.0 (removed the existing one, did a docker pull and setup as before) using persistent storage supplied to the host as before (cifs mounted to the host at boot with a user that has full access to the share). PiHole started but had no blacklists or metrics on the dashboard... I looked at the logs and could see that during the first run, the new databases had been created but gravity.db was missing and gravity_temp.db was there. In the logs it shows a permission denied error when trying to chown/chmod and mv the temp database, however I can enter a docker terminal and move, chown, chmod to my heart's content (as root within the docker container which Pihole should be running as too?). I moved the db and everything works fine, except for any time Gravity is updated and the same issue occurs. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Update: Just to add, I can also execute these commands within the container shell (bash) using the pihole user (UID 999) without issue.