Pi-hole v5.2.1 Web Interface v5.2.1 FTL v5.3.2 - Regex Group Management BUG?

Expected Behaviour:
Issue is seen on the latest update Pi-hole v5.2.1 Web Interface v5.2.1 FTL v5.3.2 :

• running on Buster Lite up-to-date OS (as of December 2, 2020).
  • Raspberry Pi 4b - 4Gb

After a VERY clean build (clean microSD, write buster_lite.img, wget basic-install...etc download and successful installation,) I decided to confirm an issue I had before, so:

Opened web interface. Opened Group Management, and created
1-New group - "Jail" - leave enabled.
2-Assigned a couple of computers "Pete", "Mike" as clients using IP address and adding their names in the Comment field.
3-Assign target client "Mike" with Group Assignment to "Jail"
4-Create new domain (.|^)*$ as Exact Regex blacklist, with Comment "Baddies". Leave enabled.
5-Assign this new domain "Baddies" to Group "Jail"

Expected behavior (as seen in previous Pi-Hole versions before the 5.2.1 update) is that only the computer named "Mike" cannot go ANYWHERE because ANY and ALL its requests are blocked. Computer "Pete" has regular access to everything as set on Group "Default".

_

Actual Behaviour:
Computer "Mike" can reach any internet address, not being blocked at all, just like computer "Pete".

Debug Token:
I am not sure about this Debug Token, sorry.

Tools > generate debug log or pihole -d from the terminal. Upload when prompted and post the token you receive.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.