Pi-hole v5.0 is here!

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot update to V5.0 from 4.x

Updated, no issues.

That was fast, great work! :+1::grin:

A post was split to a new topic: Smaller Blocklist after update to 5.0

Update to Pi-hole v5.0 went quickly, very smooth. Thank You for your hard work!

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: PHP error updating to V5.0

Update was smooth. Thank you!

3 Likes

Great job, devs! Not only did I have a smooth update from the previous release to the current one, but the new verbose gravity update output informed me that a lot of my blocklists were broken even though they were retrievable. Others had invalid domains. I deleted both broken link blocklists (replacing them with their new locations) and also blocklists with invalid entries (I'd rather not have bugs resulting from those.)

Took a while, but got it all done. Again, great job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: No blocklists after update to V5.0

Thanks to the Pi-hole team. This is a wonderful piece of software and I really do appreciate all the hard work from the developers to make it possible. Kudos to you all!

1 Like

Thank you! Been testing it and it works fine. Only issues I got with the filtering by client is, as my network has IPv6 and the clients got changing ULAs I really can’t do it. Maybe there is a way by defining clients by MAC address or something??
Good job though

A post was split to a new topic: Creating CNAMEs

A post was split to a new topic: Still have the smoothed curves

Thanks to all that contributed for your hard work!

This has to be one of the smoothest major updates I have ever experienced - for any product. Perfectly seamless and only took a few minutes. Many thanks and kudos to the Pi-Hole team!

1 Like

Thanks for making an excellent ad blocking solution! Hats off to all involved in this project!

This is awesome, thank you so much for creating something so useful to so many people.

1 Like

Thank you to all the developers of Pi-Hole v5.0 :sunglasses:

I know what I will be doing next weekend : Updating to version 5.0 ofcourse! LOL! :grin:

Will my pi zero still hold up to the new version, performance wise?

Probably will work even better actually.

1 Like