Pi hole Termux Debian Buster 10 problems

The issue I am facing:
Is when I installed Termux on the android 7.1.2 Lineage OS running on Debian Buster 10 problem is when I install the setup screen is working typically after at some point after choosing the privacy mode (FTL) it does not show signs of installation complete use the DNS etc. (Chosen with admin web interface however it doesn't show on the assigned IP even with port: 24 removed)

For my system's local IP 192.168.0.134 on the DNS both primary and secondary it doesn't work instead my internet just stopped working.

There's no problem with the ram and Pi-hole terminal somehow is still functional.

(Uses WLAN0)

Details about my system:
The Hardware I'm running on is Samsung SM-T116NU however Lineage OS changed it to SM-T113NU instead with Armv7l architecture and was able to run Pi hole with only 1gb of ram the system uses 467mb including Termux itself and plenty for Pi-hole to eat.
What I have tried fixing:
I tried changing many options using the Curl installation DNS server, IP address, Default gateway, Terminal commands, and Reinstallations multiple times.
Suggestion
I'd suggest to make a Pi-Hole server app because many people got old Android phones/tablet those are unused and wasting money on a Raspberry Pi Zero W especially when sometimes some people doesn't want enable 2.4G which the cheapest Raspberry Pi device can offer with wifi. Android are however is built from Linux maybe use that advantage.

You're asking to run Pi-hole on an android phone?

Yep one user managed to use Linux Deploy on it although (Linux Deploy) seemed to not work for me even Im rooted I tried I got the Deploy problem all the times here's one link.
Youtube: (48) Install pihole on android and fix some errors - YouTube

Don't have apps to be written in special environments with languages like Java? This would make an entirely separated project with many new issues for only very few people. Maybe none of them have any experiences with app development at all and users will also want an Apple version (even when iPhones aren't that cheap, old ones may be).

Because of this I'd strongly argument against this. Also because old Android devices are dangerous because they don't receive security updates (same for Apple btw). Old Android/Apple operating systems are a premium security exploitation target because of their (still) widespread use without further security issue fixing. Doesn't seem wise to put a network critical element on such a device.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.