Pi.hole Stops Working Randomly

I have installed it as per the guide on piholes website using
curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash
Then configured it to use eth0 and disable WiFi antenna in cmdboot,
Finally followed Option 2 Advertise Pi-hole's IP address via dnsmasq in the router
I set IPv4 to my pihole and set IPv6 to my pihole to allow IPv6 use
I used 6, in the dhcp options on my openwrt router and set IPv6 in the DNS forwarding menu.

Since then it works fine for random periods of time and stops working as a DNS resolver, I do not have a screen attached so I try to view the webpage and ssh into the pihole but both time out and won't allow anything other then a power off reboot and then again it works after the reboot.

Has anyone got any surgestions on a way forward to help stop this?

Https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/3wswwzlt/

Is it a Raspberry Pi?
Check below for power brownouts:

sudo zgrep -i voltage /var/log/syslog* has shown 2 separate times of a undervoltage detected then a voltage normalised 4secs later

Would this be causing the issue? It is a raspberry pi 3b+ and the kit was bought off amazon, a cana kit with power adapter included so I assumed it would have the correct power delivery needed.

Anything else that looks likes it will cause concern? And also what voltage adapter am I looking at then for the pi?

Most likely.

If you dont replace the power adapter or maybe a faulty cable, you'll keep experiencing weird issues as described in the Raspi document I linked.

The official ones always work best for me.
I have some Pi's with other power adapters but you have to be lucky if it can supply enough Wattage and if the power is stable enough.
You can see how the official ones look like below in the "Power supplies and cables" section (they all have the Raspi logo on them):
(EDIT: Ow they also have models in black instead of white)

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply I have ordered official power supplya now and hopefully that will resolve my problem.

1 Like

In the meantime, backup your settings with below for if something goes wrong while waiting for the new adapter:

http://pi.hole/admin/settings.php?tab=teleporter

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.