since Bullseye release is near and actual pre release is running fine already, I decided to test Pi-hole on it.
Except the webinterface everything is working.
It seems that the lighttpd config is not compatible because after Pi-hole installation lighthttpd does not start any longer. I restored default config and lighttpd starts again. I will use Pi-hole without webinterface and maybe I will try to figure out what causes lighttpd to crash with Pi-hole config file.
If someone already has a solution please reply to this post.
sudo /usr/sbin/lighttpd -tt -f /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf
2021-01-25 02:22:56: configfile.c.461) Warning: "mod_compress" is DEPRECATED and has been replaced with "mod_deflate". A future release of lighttpd 1.4.x will not contain mod_compress and lighttpd may fail to start up
2021-01-25 02:22:56: plugin.c.195) dlopen() failed for: /usr/lib/lighttpd/mod_deflate.so /usr/lib/lighttpd/mod_deflate.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2021-01-25 02:22:56: server.c.1233) loading plugins finally failed
is "your" script not mine!
I do not run any custom script, only standard setup nothing changed.
Sounds that you are not interested in preparing Pi-hole for Bullseye or why you answering some kine of rude?
It is no problem for me when you are not interested in investigating issues in Bullseye.
I only want to contribute and help to get Pi-hole ready for the next Debian release.
I have a workaround that I can live with.
Sorry for disturbing
PS: please remove my log I don't want to publish it pulic!
for that reason I used the token method
you are right about the script but that has run only one time (see timestamp) to import a long whitelist which I was too lazy to type in by hand (yes I cannot type 5 commands in one second). It does not run again and does not run every boot and the problem also exits before the script run one time.
uninstalled (which removes the before added domains from whitelist), but problem persists after removing "the script".
I will setup vanilla Bullseye, install pihole and provide a fresh debug log and you will see the import script is not the reason