Pi-Hole log claims doubleclick.net and googleadservices are blocked, but those ads still show

When I hover over the ad links it reads the top two entries as the domains. When I go to the PiHole console it shows them as being blocked, but they are showing on my computer. How can I diagnose this?

A token of the debug is here: ya3c0jjdzv

This thread provides some tools to determine where ads are coming from. If Pi-Hole is blocking the ad domains, it is possible the client is bypassing Pi-Hole through a browser or DNS setting.

I am running my laptop with the Pi as the DNS. I know it's working because I am not getting other ads and I show up on the Pi Hole console. On the Pi Hole console it shows my laptop's IP, and the doubleclick domain as being blocked. Here is DNSThingy on a YouTube video clip page (the ad is not in the video, it's a standard webpage ad under the video). You can see doubleclick shows up.

• www.youtube.com
  • api.us-east-1.aiv-delivery.net
  • discourse.pi-hole.net
  • i9.ytimg.com
  • fonts.gstatic.com
  • r1---sn-vgqsknes.googlevideo.com
  • googleads.g.doubleclick.net
  • tpc.googlesyndication.com
  • s.ytimg.com
  • www.google.com
  • r1---sn-vgqsknls.googlevideo.com
  • yt3.ggpht.com
  • i.ytimg.com
  • static.doubleclick.net
  • ajax.googleapis.com

The ad is not a video ad, are you sure that's true for regular ads? And why would Pi Hole claim it is blocked?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.