Pi-Hole is Causing significance load times

Hardware - Raspberry pi zero w
Im on a fresh install of my raspberry pi zero w and recently installed PI-hole however using it im experiencing HORRIBLE load times for websites of around 10 seconds even for this forum it happens everywhere however once the website is cached it runs perfectly fine here is the debug log:
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/xw7z0ict01

Hope someone can help me with this issue

Sounds like a DNS Loop.

What is the upstream DNS server you set in pihole?
How do you let your clients know about Pihole? Did you set pihole as the upstream DNS server for your router (WAN side) or do you distribute pihole's IP as DNS server via DHCP?
Do you use conditional forwarding?

Your debug log shows your Pi-hole as operational, with full IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity.

yubiuser is right about DNS loops being able to introduce lags, but your debug log does not show indications for such a DNS loop:
You weren't using your router as one of Pi-hole's upstream DNS servers, and Conditional Forwarding was not enabled, at least at the time your log was uploaded.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Setup variables
    PIHOLE_DNS_1=9.9.9.9
    PIHOLE_DNS_2=149.112.112.112
    PIHOLE_DNS_3=2620:fe::fe
    PIHOLE_DNS_4=2620:fe::9
    REV_SERVER=false

Let's try to confirm that your clients are using Pi-hole by running the following commands from a client you expect to use Pi-hole:

nslookup pi.hole
nslookup flurry.com 192.168.1.185

That's assuming your Pi-hole still lives at 192.168.1.185.

Ok my setup is as follows: standard setup no DHCP as i cant set my router to use the dns server (it only uses its own) i manualy changed the dns settings on all my home devices via adaptor settings or changing the dns options in my VPN (that is always on). I know you must be right about a DNS look as you can see here

Also here is the output from the commands you gave from a clients pc.

Whoops i forgot to reply to your message and posted instead

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.