Pi-hole graph error, drawing grey dots underneath the graph div

Expected Behaviour:

I ran 'apt-get upgrade' and 'pihole -up' on my Raspbian 9.3 stretch.
I expected Pi-hole to carry on working like it has always been doing.

Actual Behaviour:

After entering the dashboard, my graphs looks like this:

Howering one of the dots below the graph causes one of my (client) CPU's to spike to 100% usage.

The screenshot is taken on Firefox Quantum 58.0.1 (64-bit), Gentoo Linux.
The behaviour is the same on Firefox ESR 52.6.0 (64-bit), Debian Stretch 9.3

What i have tried:

I have tried using 'pihole -r' to reconfigure pihole, flushing the logs, clearing cache on my browsers and using private browsing.

Thoughts:

'apt-get upgrade', upgraded php 7.0
I think it looks like a JavaScript problem.

Debug Token:

sto42wi3z5

Cache has several layers across your OS, browser, etc. Flushing all cache is usually the solution to this:

The Problem is Fixed when u Flush you'r Cache on the Browser you are using.

Mozilla Firefox

Click on Firefox at the top left of your browser, go to the History menu, select Clear Recent History and check all boxes. Under Time range to clear select Everything (except passwords, if desired) and click Clear Now.

Google Chrome

Expand the Wrench Icon in the upper right corner and select History and check all boxes. Under Clear data for this time period, select Everything(except passwords, if desired) and click Clear Browsing Data.

I have just tested it side by side, Firefox and Internet Explorer, on a Windows 10 LTSB machine that has never been connected to the Pihole before. Still the same thing.
Is it a server side cache perhaps ?

If sudo service pihole-FTL restart doens't fix it, then this:

cd /etc/pihole
sudo service pihole-FTL stop
sudo mv pihole-FTL.db pihole-FTL.db.old
sudo service pihole-FTL start
2 Likes

I had the same problem as Lupus (not a browser cache issue), installed sqlite3 to look at pihole-FTL.db and learned I had thousands of rows with timestamps around 2018-09-11 (in the future) in my pihole-FTL.db. (Clicking through the chart would've revealed the same thing. I realized that later.) Came back here to suggest what Mcat12 just suggested. It resolved my problem.

Thanks for the help everyone. This graph rendering issue has resolved itself by doing nothing ... I just checked tonight and it looks fine again now.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.