FTL Service Not Running in settings page

I am running pi-hole inside a chroot environment on a not-so-old Android Phone. Earlier i used to use Pideploy (GitHub - DesktopECHO/Pi-hole-for-Android: Pi-hole/Unbound Raspbian APK Installer for Android 5.0+ devices (requires root)) and it used to work absolutely fine. It also uses chroot method to make it work. But the thing is that Pideploy uses prebuilt raspbian base system, which i did not like so i installed my own Ubuntu base system inside chroot to run pihole.

Just installing pihole doesnt seem to make it work. PiHole works as a DNS-sinkhole but the web server isnt able to detect somehow (i believe, thats the problem, maybe i am wrong). The admin page shows "Lost Connection to API" and the settings page complains about something wrong with fsockopen thing. I am attaching some screenshots related to the problem.
(Now i know chroot environments on Android might not be supported by you, making it work may help some people who may want to use their old phones.)

Device Info:
Name: Huawei Honor 9 Lite
Android Version: 10 running LineageOS GSI
Kernel: stock
Rooted using Magisk 27.0 stable release
Chroot system: Ubuntu 22.04.4

Expected Behaviour:

The Admin Web page shows stats properly and no errors are shown in the settings page.

Actual Behaviour:

The main page shows "Lost Connection to API" and the side bar shows "DNS Service not running" even though it is.
DNS is working, the ads are blocked but admin web page cant seem to detect it (maybe) and also
pihole -d shows pihole-FTL and lighttpd daemons are not running. When i run "service pihole-FTL status" as root, it says its working, but when run as a normal user it shows not running. pihole -c shows accurate and real time stats. Even the network tab in admin page shows the accurate number of queries done by a particular IP Address

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/YdWKToHJ/

I would be happy to assist you with any more information required.
Thanks

I have kind of fixed it. The admin page no longer shows "Lost Connection to API", the fsockopen error is gone but FTL information is still not shown.
The fix is give below: FTL offline, Load is red in a Linux Deploy container on Android - #34 by saisreen1381

Run all the groupadd commands first then run:
"usermod -a -G aid_bt,aid_bt_net,aid_inet,aid_net_raw,aid_admin root"
"usermod -a -G aid_bt,aid_bt_net,aid_inet,aid_net_raw,aid_admin pihole"
"usermod -a -G aid_bt,aid_bt_net,aid_inet,aid_net_raw,aid_admin www-data"
(without the quotes, obv)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.