Pi-hole active but not blocking

The issue I am facing:
Pi-hole has been running on a raspberry pi for about 2 months. It has a fixed IP address 192.168.1.63 and my router is set to distribute this address to all network devices. When I first set it up, everything was working, I opened speedtest.net and I didn't see any ads. Now, 2 months later I'm noticing ads on my Mac when i use safari so I opened speedtest.net again and all of the ads are showing. Pi-hole appears to be active and working correctly. My Mac's DNS is correct, 192.168.1.63 - Not sure what else could be wrong.

UPDATE: When I tail pi-hole.log I can see all devices on my network using pi-hole. Upon a closer look, it seems like I should have a group called 'Default' that all new users get added to automatically - which I do not have. For this reason the adlists are not assigned to any list and I think this is why blocking is not happening?? It seems like if I manually add each device on my network to the client list and then assign them to the same group for which the adlist is told to 'block' - then it will work. This is not ideal though, it means a new user who joins the network would not benefit from the blocking rules until I manually add them??

Details about my system:
Mac Studio, running Monterey, accessing the web via Safari.

What I have changed since installing Pi-hole:
I can't think of anything.

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

Thanks for your reply. I ended up uninstalling pi-hole and then reinstalling and all is fixed now. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.