Pi-hole 5.1.1: chronometer returns empty JSON output

Hi all,
I believe, but I saved no output, that running "pihole -c -j" would return meaningful values. Here's what I get instead:

$ pihole -c -j
{"domains_being_blocked":0,"dns_queries_today":,"ads_blocked_today":,"ads_percentage_today":}

Whereas:

$ curl 127.0.0.1/admin/api.php?summaryRaw
{"domains_being_blocked":84470,"dns_queries_today":419,"ads_blocked_today":4,"ads_percentage_today":0.954654,"unique_domains":194,"queries_forwarded":407,"queries_cached":8,"clients_ever_seen":3,"unique_clients":3,"dns_queries_all_types":419,"reply_NODATA":1,"reply_NXDOMAIN":11,"reply_CNAME":67,"reply_IP":25,"privacy_level":0,"status":"enabled","gravity_last_updated":{"file_exists":true,"absolute":1595257756,"relative":{"days":0,"hours":0,"minutes":23}}}

Platform:

• Raspberry PI
  • Raspbian 10
  • pihole 5.1.1 (reinstalled, hence the low values in the 2nd output)

Any hints?

Thanks,
Carmelo

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, worked like a charm!

Now I'm pretty sure it was working before. What's the underlying reason?
Has anything changed in the OS, the installation script/procedure?

Thanks,
-c

pihole-FTL used to write the port it was using to that /var/run file. We stopped doing that in the latest FTL binary so that file was empty. We'll be pushing out a new FTL binary after some final checks that will write the port to that file again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.